Ph3 RC HDMI Module output to "HDMI to A/V Conversion Module RCD3015" problem

Reaction score
The other day I installed the new Phantom 3 RC HDMI module on both our Ph3Pro's. It is all working fine when I plug it into my HDMI monitor and I get a FPV view with overlay OSD as it should do on the HDMI monitor and as well as the normal App live view and display in my iPad mini and androids.

So HDMI signal output from the Ph3 RC HDMI module is confirmed to be working fine.

However when I plug the Universal HDMI/ Mini HDMI to A/V Conversion Module RCD3015
into the Ph3 RC HDMI out port I get no av output to my av monitor from it.

I tested the mini converter by unplugging it from the Ph3 RC and plugging it into my Sony camera HDMI out and it works fine to convert the cameras HDMI output from that to AV signal to my AV monitor.

I would have assume if both devices have an HDMI output signal it should work the same to convert both HDMI signals to AV using this converter?

It shouldn't make any difference but I did try to switch from PAL to NTSC and also 60hz to 50hz. but still no go.

Of course if I can get this to work, then I can use my Non-HD Domination Fatsharks on the Ph3 RC HDMI Module.

Appreciate if anyone suggest any ideas why this is not working?

jcampen, Aug 30, 2015

Reactions: thunderchicken
Hi J...I installed the hdmi module on my p3p....attempted to hook up to my fatshark dominators....but it doesn't work....when I talked to DJI prior to ordering the hdmi module...they said all you need is the cable...I've got the cable...doesn't work...frustration level is high...any help would be greatly appreciated...pete

Puscher, I assume you have the Dv2 HD Fatsharks? if so this is a different issue because mine are non HD Fatsharks.

Just to clarify in case it got overlooked in my thread, I don't have the Fatshark HD version. Mine is the normal av model. I am not sure what the difference between mine and the non HD Dv2 is either.

My aim is to try and use a HDMI to AV converter module as mentioned in the post to be able to convert the HDMI output from the Ph3 RC to an AV signal so I can view it either on an standard non HDMI monitor and also my non HD Fatshark Dominators.

I know that the signal coming out of the Ph3 RC HDMI is working when I plug it from the RC to my HDMI computer monitor.

I also get HDMI to av signal working on my Fatsharks and Non HDMI monitor when I use the HDMI to AV converter module from my Sony Nex5 HDMI output. So the HDMI to AV module works fine to convert a HDMI signal to AV.

So,
1. HDMI signal from Ph3 RC out works to HDMI monitor.
2. HDMI signal out from Sony Nex5 using the Universal HDMI/ Mini HDMI to A/V Conversion Module RCD3015 works fine to convert the HDMI to AV signal to non HD Fatsharks and non HDMI monitor.

So in theory the HDMI convert should also convert the Ph3RC HDMI out signal so it works with non HDMI Fatsharks and monitors. But it doesn't.

The other day I installed the new Phantom 3 RC HDMI module on both our Ph3Pro's. It is all working fine when I plug it into my HDMI monitor and I get a FPV view with overlay OSD as it should do on the HDMI monitor and as well as the normal App live view and display in my iPad mini and androids.

So HDMI signal output from the Ph3 RC HDMI module is confirmed to be working fine.

However when I plug the Universal HDMI/ Mini HDMI to A/V Conversion Module RCD3015

I tested the mini converter by unplugging it from the Ph3 RC and plugging it into my Sony camera HDMI out and it works fine to convert the cameras HDMI output from that to AV signal to my AV monitor.

I would have assume if both devices have an HDMI output signal it should work the same to convert both HDMI signals to AV using this converter?

It shouldn't make any difference but I did try to switch from PAL to NTSC and also 60hz to 50hz. but still no go.

Of course if I can get this to work, then I can use my Non-HD Domination Fatsharks on the Ph3 RC HDMI Module.

jcampen, Aug 30, 2015
Hi J, I have been through the same experience but with fatshark Attitudes. Also tried other monitors. I bought the module that 'says' for Sony NEX and maybe the NEX has a different hdmi pinout arrangement.

jcampen, Aug 30, 2015
Can you tell me what I need to get the old one off the screws are so tiny and I don't have the right tool. Thanks

Can you tell me what I need to get the old one off the screws are so tiny and I don't have the right tool. Thanks
..order yourself a set of these.phantom Allen key set off ebay,cheap as,size is 1-5mm ,hardware store should sell similar set if your neighbor got none
15220076641951444215860.jpg
,,screw size 1.5mm

Just a heads up on being carefully with tabs that lock ribbon cable in place,they are brittle plastic so gently lift till clip opens to release ribbon,I use very fine flat screwdriver to help lift clip up

..order yourself a set of these.phantom Allen key set off ebay,cheap as,size is 1-5mm ,hardware store should sell similar set if your neighbor got none
View attachment 96763,,screw size 1.5mm
To the OP - just a small correction - Actually, the tools you need are not Allen keys/(aka Hex keys), but 'Torx' head keys.. Allen keys are something completely different.

To the OP - just a small correction - Actually, the tools you need are not Allen keys/(aka Hex keys), but 'Torx' head keys.. Allen keys are something completely different.
Thanks for that ,wonder what they were called,learn something everyday :)ps,very handy set too

Reactions: Steve7777
What size? This is totally new to me and I see that Lowes sells these but I don't know what size to buy. Got a size for me.

What size? This is totally new to me and I see that Lowes sells these but I don't know what size to buy. Got a size for me.
As ianzone wrote in post #7, the cover has 1.5mm torx screws and the circuit board is held in with small standard Phillips screws. If you buy a good inexpensive set it should cover all your future needs.

Mini-HowTo-DJI Phantom 3 HDMI Upgrade Board

Don't forget about the useful search facility here (magnifying glass, top right), which can often find you lots of information about questions which have probably been asked here before, sometimes many times.... :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic