PH3 PRO Help Needed - Any Ideas?

Reaction score
I am working on a PH3 Pro.... Symptoms as follows:

~63% battery life
~App version 2.8.4
~RC charged - Firmware updated to version 1.6.0 shows green on RC but no control whatsover. If you try to link RC it will go through process solid green on RC but the OFDM shows green with a slow blinking red.
~No image transmission signal error
~Flight Controller status serial number is not showing in the "about" section so no firmware version either
~When powering on.. gimbal does its dance but after a few seconds drops down and does not hold its heading almost like it loses power. No blinking red or green on front of gimbal showing a firmware installation (.bin file only downloaded to the SD. Can't try formatting as it will not let you only shows remaining capacity but no information provided... tried other SD)
~Solid RED leds on front arms... Inside so blinking yellow on rear

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Is this after a crash, a firmware update or something else.
a little more info on what led up to this issue would be helpful.

It was not in a crash. Not sure what happened while in possession of customer but there is no physical damage. I have checked all connectors, wires and pins as well.

Is this after a crash, a firmware update or something else.
a little more info on what led up to this issue would be helpful.

Could be customer tried to update firmware and it failed.
I've heard of similar connection issues after failed or mismatched firmware updates,

Reactions: Digdat0
Could be customer tried to update firmware and it failed.
I've heard of similar connection issues after failed or mismatched firmware updates,
+1 on the mismatched fw update and could be it was updated on a different battery and the one in the bird needs updating still or a bad sd card reader. Sounds like you already made sure it wasn't a bad sd card.
Multicoptertec may have nailed it with the gimbal main board too. :)

+1 on the mismatched fw update and could be it was updated on a different battery and the one in the bird needs updating still or a bad sd card reader. Sounds like you already made sure it wasn't a bad sd card.
Multicoptertec may have nailed it with the gimbal main board too. :)

I could understand the gimbal main board being faulty if it had been in a crash.
I still am leaning towards firmware issues.
Lots of new phantom owners try to update the firmware straight out of the box, and reading the threads on here it seems lots struggle and end up with a phantom with similar issues to the one posted by the op. I get the impression it has to be done in a certain order or the rc will no longer connect with the bird due to firmware mismatch etc.

I would suggest reading some of the firmware issue threads and the fixes suggested by members with more experience than me. I have only ever done one firmware upgrade (straight out of the box, lol) but it worked first time.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4