PH2 with H3-3D weird thing, turns left & right ?

Reaction score
Hi everyone
This is my first thread and soon my first flight with this ;) can't wait.
But i seem to have a little problem i never seen before on any of my friends Phantom/Zenmuse.
When everything is turn on on my table (with no props and with props) when i press the remote stick (left stick) left or right.
My GoPro/Zenmuse also moves left and right, just a little bit. Not all the way left/right but around 10-15%
That is not right, is it ??? I have the firmware 3.06 (Now updated to 3.08) and zenmuse 1.0.0.6 (Zenmuse not updated to 1.10 yet !)
I have iOSD mini, immersionRC (Fatshark) installed on the PH2 and everything works. The only thing i'm concerned about, is
the moving left and right gimbal when moving left stick. Is this normal or not.
Please if someone can give me a fast answer before i do anything more to try and fix this (If fix is even needed)

Thx a lot

Mugge
DK

I actually came here to post the same thing.

My Futaba 14SG controller now has the left stick operating the panning of the H3-3D gimbal instead of the Phantom 2.

It actually prevents me from starting up the P2 now. The stick has been remapped somehow and no longer corresponds to P2 control (thus not being registered in the startup actions) and I have no idea how to fix it.

Thoughts? I have everything upgraded to the latest firmware.

My Phantom 2 is working perfectly accept the one thing about the gimbal.
When moving the left stick on the receiver. The zenmuse h3-3d gimbal will turn left/right a little bit ?
I'm not sure it did that before. I did install a iOSD mini the other day. Not sure if that have something to do with it.
But before i do anything else. I just need to know, maybe this is totally normal that is moves 10% left & right when
moving left stick.

Thanks again.

Re: PH2 with H3-3D weird thing, turns left & right ?

The zenmuse has turned left and right with stick command since I bought it. Its designed to do that. (Present on FW 3.2 and above for sure)

Hi there.

Thx for your input there :) So it is totally normal that my H3-3D moves left & right a little bit when moving left RC stick even when on the table (Not flying) ?
So no worries there. The funny thing is. I have never noticed this before.

MuggeGHQ said:
Hi there.

Thx for your input there :) So it is totally normal that my H3-3D moves left & right a little bit when moving left RC stick even when on the table (Not flying) ?
So no worries there. The funny thing is. I have never noticed this before.

I just noticed last week that my gimbal does the same. I assumed it was designed this way.

even when mounted on a table. Not flying or holding it up in the air.
Standing on a table and moving left RC stick, then gimbal will move left or right a little bit ?

MuggeGHQ said:
even when mounted on a table. Not flying or holding it up in the air.
Standing on a table and moving left RC stick, then gimbal will move left or right a little bit ?

Yes. That is how I noticed it. It was powered up on my table with props off. I believe this is what differentiates the 3D from the 2D?

Cool. Thats super to know. Then i guess mine is alright.
It's just weird i didn't noticed this before ? Anyway thanks for clarifying this ;)

As someone else already stated, that's totally normal. It helps smooth out your pans when you're flying.

I wish DJI would offer an option to disable that feature.

GoodnNuff said:
Mike said:

They do. Its called the H3-2D.
I can only assume that you were trying to be funny and did actually understand what I meant. As you know, the 2d has no stabilization in the yaw axis but the 3d does. I want the option to have a true "follow mode", not move as soon as the stick is touched mode. If you know how to disable that "feature" please share that information with everyone.

Mike said:
GoodnNuff said:
Mike said:

I can only assume that you were trying to be funny and did actually understand what I meant. As you know, the 2d has no stabilization in the yaw axis but the 3d does. I want the option to have a true "follow mode", not move as soon as the stick is touched mode. If you know how to disable that "feature" please share that information with everyone.

Oh, so you don't want the ability to disable the the yaw axis stablization?
Which is exactly how your original post sounded.
No, I don't have your answer.
Nor your sense of humor.
:cool:

I noticed this today for the first time and thought it was the new firmware........

Mike said:
GoodnNuff said:
Mike said:

I believe this is what you are looking for. It is called FPV mode. It is turned on or off using the DJI assistant. You need to hook up your Phantom and go into the gimbal settings and there is a check box there to turn it on and off.

I found this youtube video that may help explain the difference between modes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51kY59I8DOY

tgreenstone said:
I believe this is what you are looking for. It is called FPV mode. It is turned on or off using the DJI assistant. You need to hook up your Phantom and go into the gimbal settings and there is a check box there to turn it on and off.

I found this youtube video that may help explain the difference between modes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51kY59I8DOY

Thanks, but I'm familiar with FPV mode. What I was referring to is what the OP was talking about. If you give any left or right rudder, the gimbal will immediately pan along with the stick input. That behavior is the result of a firmware update to appease those complaining of being able to see the landing gear in panning shots. I was simply stating that I wished there was an option to turn that behavior off and on. That's all. :)

I gotcha!! My own confusion reading through it all

The problem I am having with that automatic yaw lead in feature is when i want to yaw around or towards a subject I am filming, it is impossible to get a smooth yaw and finish the movement centered on the subject because the gimbal is fooling you into thinking the nose of the craft is pointed at what you are trying to keep now centered in the frame. As soon as you finish your intended yaw, the gimbal yaw axis changes and now what you thought was a great camera move on your part is now moved off center.

There's gotta be a way to disable the automatic yaw lead in feature. (Not FPV Mode)

This has been like this since the firmware 3.02 i think as i think they also had a gimbal GCU update with that firmware. The reason they have this feature in the H3-3D is because most are on Phantoms with legs and it is to help solve the leg from coming into view. Think of it, if you yaw to the right and the gimbal does a slow follow of the yaw every time the leg will come into view. To solve that they have the gimbal anticipate the yaw movement so it moves a bit farther than the yaw and moves to center slowly to get the slower yaw feel. Most other 3 axis gimbals are on rigs that have retractable legs and do not have the leg issue, so there is no need for this feature, so it would do a slow follow of the yaw.

On another note, do you guys watch the beginning of your videos when you take off and the gimbal/camera pans slightly to the right when you do the CSC to start the motors, this should have been a dead giveaway that this is happening?? :lol:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31