PH2 Vision App. Issue with video signal

Reaction score
Has Anyone had the video signal on the android app. go black while airborn? mid flight today my video feed went black,,, i still had telemetry data and radar position functioning but the video was black. just prior to this I noticed the video locked up while recording,,,I landed, powered everything down, exited app. re-connected, re-calibrated etc.. then re-flew with no issues this was about my 16th flight....not sure what the issue was, i was 450' away over water,,a little annoying....but other than that this unit works as advertised....all updates have been installed,,,the adroid app. was updated two days ago...

Yep I've had this several times, and I've only flown 3 or 4 times in total. It's usually resolved by killing the app and relaunching, which can be done in a few seconds, but still an annoyance. FYI I have the Android app on Samsung Galaxy S4.

It happens sometimes - I'm running a Nexus 4 with KitKat. I've found if you just hit the back arrow in the app to go back to the main screen then hit the camera button again it clears it 80% of the time. If it doesn't, quit the app and restart. I've never had to do anything more than that. As long as you are in GPS mode with good satellite lock the aircraft will sit there happily while you sort it out. If you haven't already report the issue to DJI on the support section of their website. The more of us that do it, the more likely it'll be stabilised on the next update.

Pull_Up said:
It happens sometimes - I'm running a Nexus 4 with KitKat. I've found if you just hit the back arrow in the app to go back to the main screen then hit the camera button again it clears it 80% of the time. If it doesn't, quit the app and restart. I've never had to do anything more than that. As long as you are in GPS mode with good satellite lock the aircraft will sit there happily while you sort it out. If you haven't already report the issue to DJI on the support section of their website. The more of us that do it, the more likely it'll be stabilised on the next update.

+1 (Nexus 7)

Mine has never gone black, but it has broken up to the point I really can see what the camera is looking at. It was happening most every flight until I turned down the brightness level of the screen. I have only flown once since then and didn't get the Vision out very far so I am not sure if I have cured the problem or not. If it keeps up I may have to go the Ipod route....the droid app has been problems from day one for me.

I really enjoy the P2V, but this is the #1 most annoying problem. Happens to me regularly and drives me crazy. I fly behind a tree, building or slightly out of range, lose video and waste the next few minutes (while P2V hovers somewhere off in the distance) trying to recover (back button, change resolution, kill app, ...) only about 30% of the time does it recover. I understand temporarily losing connection, but when it comes back (the telemetry always returns, so I know it recovers and thank goodness for the radar function) the video should return (even if it's low quality.)

Besides driving me crazy, it makes for a very poor demonstration of the P2V. This has happened in almost every demo I've given (dozens) and is a real downer. Makes everyone feel uneasy about the P2V as a product.

I have noticed this happens especially when I push my p2v to its WiFi range limit. I get black screen even if I try to get back into range. The back button/kill app trick only works 1/2 of the time. I have galaxy s4. It is having trouble re establishing video connection once it is lost.

I was in a very large wide open area today over water with no obstructions and was surprised that it happened, I was not more than 80 to 90 ft. AGL and about 350 to 450 feet from home point,,,,I have sent a report to DJI..everyone should make sure they report these issues and any issues to DJI...hoping they can provide a fix...I am considering getting (2) TP Link 2.4ghz wi-fi antenna's to extend wi-fi range by tapping off the repeater antenna receptacles inside the repeater but not sure that will solve this particular issue, I dont think this is a wi-fi range issue, it seems more on the mobile application side....It is odd my phone auto updates the app yesterday eve and this started happening to me today,,,,I flew yesterday morning and had no issues,,,,today was also very mild outside about 48 degrees in South eastern CT...so temperature didnt play in as a potential variable,,,i have aslo flown in much colder temps without any problems or video issues,,,,,I forgot to mention before,,,during the re-initialization ....after I landed and power cycled everything.... I also turned power cycled the camera as well....

I've only flown my Pv2 close by my house due to bad weather, but I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S3.
The first couple of flights the video was delayed and pixelated. Could barely make out the image.
With some help from this site, I now shut off everything I can on the phone, Sync, Mobile Data, and bluetooth. Also, I was videoing at 60 fps when I changed it to 30 fps everything cleared up.
Don't know what my range is yet. Waiting for a good day.

happened twice to me too during a 15 min flight with oppo find 5 (color os 1.0.2i based on android 4.2)
after second time video gone blank, I closed the android app and connected with iphone
never had a blank video since then :roll:

This happened to me twice this past weekend on my iPhone 5S. I got a replacement P2V last week. I did not have this issue on my first two crafts, but they also weren't running the most recent firmware for the camera. I tried restarting the WIFI extender and my iPhone to no avail. The only way I got video feed back both times was to power down the P2V and restart.

I have made modifications to my extender, but it seemed to perform fine with my last Vision. I was probably under 60 to 70 feet away both times when I lost video feed. I too still had telemetry data and radar.

I should also add the most recent image transmitted from the camera froze on screen in grayscale. When I restarted the app / extender, the video feed then went black.

Having the same issue with my galaxy s3 and a P2V. Anyone think that it might be a memory issue with the phone?

grog01 said:
Having the same issue with my galaxy s3 and a P2V. Anyone think that it might be a memory issue with the phone?

checkout these other topics ,,,its a widespread issue,,,,,

Topics

Repliescamera disconnect
by tebowner » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:22 pm in DJI Phantom Vision356 by jwuman
Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:46 pm

RepliesUpdated DJI APP...???
by Ranger003 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:07 pm in DJI Phantom Vision950 by mr_3_0_5
Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:36 pm

RepliesRevert to Vision App 1.0.32
by HoverShot » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:45 am in DJI Phantom Vision167 by jwuman
Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:20 pm

RepliesCamera Delay Issue
by AlanL » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:26 pm in Help137 by jwuman

I just did the prescribed SSID rename fix ,,,,,,It seems to have worked on my droid with the newest app version,,,,,did a range test inside the house tonight and the video was clear wiyh no issues with the camera view,,,,hoping it stays this way,,,,,prior to this fix,,,, the video was intermittent even standing right next to it,,,,i am hoping this works in the air,,,,hope to try it soon,,,,,will keep updating as i go,,,,,,

Nexus 7 (2013) I've never lost signal. But I don't go out past about 500 feet, or at least haven't yet.

App. 1.0.38
Ver. 1.08

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie