Petroleum jelly to slow down tablet/phone mount?

Reaction score
My tablet/phone mount shoots out like a rocket when I push the release button. I'm assuming it's because the grease that was originally on it has wore off. I was wondering if petroleum jelly would be okay to use in replace of the greasy stuff?

Give 're a shot and let us know. Certainly can't hurt.

I just wasn't sure if it would have a chemical reaction on the plastic. I've heard of that.
I'd bet it would be fine. PJ is the least volatile of lubricants, imho. Googled it, sounds safe. Your call, of course.

At a guess i would say its a mechanical damper unit inside, its possible yours has broken off inside, anyway to open it and have a look ?

Heat up honey, so it flows well. Pour it around it. That will make it stick.
I would suspect after awhile, you might have worse trouble than what you started with. Like, it might not open at all.

Reactions: UpLift Aerial
What crash stated sounds about right, as far as the problem goes. I believe the rubber (gray) piece on the mount peels off and there are some small screws underneath it. If you press around with your finger, it feels like there are small indentations where screws could be, under the rubber.

What crash stated sounds about right, as far as the problem goes. I believe the rubber (gray) piece on the mount peels off and there are some small screws underneath it. If you press around with your finger, it feels like there are small indentations where screws could be, under the rubber.
I don't realy want to tear the ruber of tho.

I think I'll just leave it for now but if someone has another idea on what to put on it I might try that.
If you're not comfortable with opening it up, I'd just put my hand on the top as you push the button and slow it down like that.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4