Pessimism poll: How long will it be before DJI updates Phantom 3 Firmware again?

How long until DJI updates either DJI Pilot App or Firmware

• Total voters
Reaction score
So, it's been since June 15th (Pro) and 18th (Advanced) since DJI updated the firmware, June 17th for an app update for Android, June 26th for Apple app update, and it's going on August. They just released an HDMI board as well that may at least require an app update if not a firmware update.

So, how long do you think it will take DJI to get the next app/firmware out (especially to support the new HDMI board)?

This thread is pointless and one of the reasons I don't really love this forum. It'll come when it comes. We talk about it in every thread.

The point of the thread is actually to help motivate DJI. I'm not into pointless griping, but I'm not sure they realize that their poor communication and below average customer service has an effect on their customers.

Oh they know. It's all over this forum and their very own forum. Whether they choose to do something is a different story but trust me, you, they know.

That's good. I actually don't like all the complaining that much either. But, I thought a poll was a little more honest way of expressing dissatisfaction.

Don't push them, let them get it figured out this time before they release it...

Oh they know. It's all over this forum and their very own forum. Whether they choose to do something is a different story but trust me, you, they know.
Yes but what do I do about it please Rebel? I did the FW upgrade to 1.2.6 for the P3 Pro (that was working beautifully before!) and now am having all sorts of problems. No, I didn't know this or any other forum existed at the time so hadn't heard about the problems!

I get weird messages saying the UMI is initiating or needs calibrating (is the UMI the drone or what?). I have had to calibrate three or four times before eventually it seems to work but no reason why. I get Green ready to fly but the drone won't fire up. It's very frustrating. It worked right out of the box and now is a problem. No idea what to do now.

Any help would be appreciated. cheers

The 2.0 is already out for beta testing for weeks, but there isn't any significant improvements nor new function in 2.0.

Yes but what do I do about it please Rebel? I did the FW upgrade to 1.2.6 for the P3 Pro (that was working beautifully before!) and now am having all sorts of problems. No, I didn't know this or any other forum existed at the time so hadn't heard about the problems!

I get weird messages saying the UMI is initiating or needs calibrating (is the UMI the drone or what?). I have had to calibrate three or four times before eventually it seems to work but no reason why. I get Green ready to fly but the drone won't fire up. It's very frustrating. It worked right out of the box and now is a problem. No idea what to do now.

There are people rolling back to older firmware. It's on here, just have to look for it. Good luck.

Reactions: Mordor
Yep....i was saying that...
Maybe someone could expose this problem on XDA fóruns.....ehehehehe

How long before the P4 makes the P3 obsolete?

How long before the P4 makes the P3 obsolete?
Ugh. The release of a P4 doesn't automatically render your P3 obsolete. Ask P2 owners. Their phantoms still fly and work as they did when they purchased them.

Ugh. The release of a P4 doesn't automatically render your P3 obsolete. Ask P2 owners. Their phantoms still fly and work as they did when they purchased them.
I own a P2v+ with a hero 4 black trust me after using the P3 it sits in its case wondering what it did wrong!!!!!

Reactions: RiZe-TommyGun

I would try installing a new compass. When I broke my drone , that was one of the issues that I was having. When I fixed the broken compass wire, it performed like champion.

I own a P2v+ with a hero 4 black trust me after using the P3 it sits in its case wondering what it did wrong!!!!!
lol so true... I actually made a pretty good call and sold my P1 and P2V+ right before the P3's came out... I've flown all 3 and you can very much notice the changes and advancements in each model.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj