People thinking you are shooting them for bad purposes?

Reaction score
Hey, have you have any encounters with civil or other people, thinking that you may do harm to them by shooting them/their property/their cat from the sky?

Let's share and learn!

Most people are very curious as to "what is that" is that a camera under there. Then they suggest flying over neighbors pools and spying. It's not us, it's them.

Most don't realize they are under constant surveillance in every mall, bank, office building or city street. We are the least of their worries.

My experience has been curiousity and amazement. I haven't had any complaints or weird looks. I think the fact that I'm still using the stock controller may put people at ease. The controller looks Disney like, like something out of Toon Town. LOL!!!! It's you guys with those fancy Futaba controllers and tons of switches and buttons that freaks them out. Think about. :shock:

I had one situations where I was doing a test flight at a golf course with permission to see how it will work for an aerial preview of each hole. I was being aware of all people on the course and either stayed very high or asked permission of each person to fly lower around them without I interfering with their games.

I had 2 women I never flew over saying that I ruined their game by spying on them lol, they were rubbish golfers and were just looking for an excuse fir their crappy play. They said they dont want to be watched and didnt like that there was a drone spying on them even if it was never too close. I showed them the screen and how wide an angle it was saying that unless I was in their face literally its not going to show much more then a couple pixels on the ground. Still didnt help as they said they cant play any more as I ruined their day with the full 8 minutes I was in the air. Then surprisingly they casually continued hacking their way around the course :)
Whenever I fly I do my best to avoid invading peoples space and only get closer to others if they say I can or want to take a look at my UFO. This happens quite regularly just a shame cute girls aren't quite as excited in my flying toy as most guys are, girls for some reason mostly tend to say cool so you can spy on people or a terrorist could use this. Which I do find a bit odd as most guys rarely say that sort of thing unless they are also around girlfriends or likely a terrorist themselves lol.

The same people so worried about their privacy then go log onto facebook and along with their names and other personal details post hi res images of themselves, in all sorts of ways invading their own privacy by posting such info on the CIA NSA spy network commonly known as Facebook. They get worried about being a couple pixels in a gopro video from high above which seems a little odd to me in comparison but surely buzzing around people unless they want you to is a big nono.

I don't suppose Anthony Weiner would complain about anyone getting his picture . . .

just sayin'

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav