People like this will have us all grounded

The level of stupidity of some people baffles me. I wonder if these idiots will smarten up when they crash a plane and kill everyone.

I love making videos and snapping pictures, but in the end, if I'm not doing it for Realtors, nobody really cares about my videos. That being said, who are they trying to impress with this footage?

Reactions: 750r
I agree Swoop and its idiots like this one that create panic by the general public forcing officials to regulate all!! I had just received my Phantom 3 as a gift only to see this story all over the news and it really had me wanting to find this loser and lay a beat down on him as I knew his carelessness would directly affect me soon enough. Presently in Canada here are what we are faced with as per Transport Canada:

Don’t fly:
  • Closer than 9 km from any airport, heliport, or aerodrome.

• Higher than 90 metres from above the ground.

• Closer than 150 metres from people, animals, buildings, structures, or vehicles.

• In populated areas or near large groups of people, including sporting events, concerts, festivals, and firework shows.

• Near moving vehicles, avoid highways, bridges, busy streets or anywhere you could endanger or distract drivers.

• Within restricted airspace, including near or over military bases, prisons, and forest fires.

• Anywhere you may interfere with first responders

As all can see this limits what anyone can do with their drones and now because of idiots like in this news story new regulations coming out in 2016.

Reactions: ELHEAPO
whatever ever you say "two ton tony" i reckon if anyone breaks any of your rules we send you round to there house that would soon stop the buggers!!(no offence meant by the way) I dont want you on my doorstep!

Yep but there are also pilots that are getting jumpy and calling big birds drones too. Works both ways.

whatever ever you say "two ton tony" i reckon if anyone breaks any of your rules we send you round to there house that would soon stop the buggers!!(no offence meant by the way) I dont want you on my doorstep!
Do not know how to respond lol. Certainly I am no angel and staying with in the transport canada current guidelines is almost impossible but flying 100 feet from an airplane is madness I stay away from any airport and try to stay in a safe range. If I am pushing the limits I will go far and away from any populated area. Seems like common sense

That is the main thing you need we these birds is good old common sense unfortunately a lot of people flying now, dont have any!!

Too many reports and not enough proof for me. I've only seen one drone video near an airport in the last few years. I wouldn't believe all these drone reports from pilots, I think it's a bit of hysteria and they think they are seeing a drone.
Same with ufo sightings

That is the main thing you need we these birds is good old common sense unfortunately a lot of people flying now, dont have any!!
Yes I totally agree and it's the reason for my post. I know rules and regulations will be broken but some commonsence has to prevail

This is never going to work if we keep seeing this type of thing in the news day after day.

I am not in favor of getting pilot's license to fly a 3 pound piece of plastic, but I think there should be some kind of certification program to fly one of these. At least everyone would be taught the basic rules and regulations. Can you imagine if anyone could buy a car but did not have to have a driver's license? Some people would drive responsibly while others would have no clue on the rules of the road, drive at any speed, up on the sidewalk, etc. Sure there a still a lot of bad drivers out there, but it would be much worse if it was a free for all like it is now with drones.

Even on this forum we see so many questions from people who obviously pull the thing out of the box fire it up and off they go or crash it on the one of the first flights. It is apparent they did not take one minute to learn anything about it or how to safely operate it.

Last edited:
Reactions: unclejas
Here's the thing guys. Most reports according to the FAA are coming from pilots of small aircraft. Including some from ultralights. Usually there is no confirmation from other reporters and not a shred of physical evidence (footage from the ubiquitous GoPro camera that now seems to be attached to every small aircraft windscreen and ultralight flyers helmets). One commercial airliner reported seeing a drone in their airspace at over 23,000 feet ASL. Simply if there was a drone at 23,000 it was a fixed wing military aircraft.
Remember in the 60s (ha ha most of you guys weren't born yet. In fact some of your parents weren't born yet) there were UFO reports from every plane and kite until the FAA started pulling licenses for crackpot reporting.
Truth is that there are literally millions of "biological" birds flying all over airspace and you almost never hear about one of them causing a wreck.
While I condemn flying in a outrageously dangerous manner, we can't self regulate and condemn each other to the point that we will be flying in only designated model aircraft parks.
I fly a lot over my backyard, which is over 50 acres in a national forest. I have seen too many small aircraft and ultralights and balloons cross my airspace at less than 400 feet (which I use as operational ceiling). I have also seen military helos cross my fields at less than 200 feet. In such cases I yield to them ASAP. That, to me, is the behavior we should aspire to, not staying out of the skies because there is the remotest possibility that the toy we are flying might hurt somebody or something.
Remember at the beginning of the automobile age there were laws requiring that when operating a motorized vehicle in town, the driver had to drive his vehicle behind a person ringing a bell and carrying a lantern to warn the citizens of the vehicle's approach.

Remember at the beginning of the automobile age there were laws requiring that when operating a motorized vehicle in town, the driver had to drive his vehicle behind a person ringing a bell and carrying a lantern to warn the citizens of the vehicle's approach.
****, you are old!

What dip **** !!! Your right morons like him will get us grounded. BUT I don't trust what all pilots say either. I m convinced there are some saying crap stories they are seeing "drones" they call them. At 700 1000 feet away from them Really ! That's B/S !! They are making some of this up for their own selfish reasons.

Here's the thing guys. Most reports according to the FAA are coming from pilots of small aircraft. Including some from ultralights. Usually there is no confirmation from other reporters and not a shred of physical evidence (footage from the ubiquitous GoPro camera that now seems to be attached to every small aircraft windscreen and ultralight flyers helmets). One commercial airliner reported seeing a drone in their airspace at over 23,000 feet ASL. Simply if there was a drone at 23,000 it was a fixed wing military aircraft.
Remember in the 60s (ha ha most of you guys weren't born yet. In fact some of your parents weren't born yet) there were UFO reports from every plane and kite until the FAA started pulling licenses for crackpot reporting.
Truth is that there are literally millions of "biological" birds flying all over airspace and you almost never hear about one of them causing a wreck.
While I condemn flying in a outrageously dangerous manner, we can't self regulate and condemn each other to the point that we will be flying in only designated model aircraft parks.
I fly a lot over my backyard, which is over 50 acres in a national forest. I have seen too many small aircraft and ultralights and balloons cross my airspace at less than 400 feet (which I use as operational ceiling). I have also seen military helos cross my fields at less than 200 feet. In such cases I yield to them ASAP. That, to me, is the behavior we should aspire to, not staying out of the skies because there is the remotest possibility that the toy we are flying might hurt somebody or something.
Yeah but a wreck less careless pilot should be reported Too! When I see this I lob the ball right back! They are so worried about us, but they encounter more bird strikes and stupid pilot errors air and ground than our toys at our 400 or below ceiling yes of course we give them the right away BUT they don't have a license to do what ever they want.

I honestly never even considered that as a possibility that people would be lying. Amazing if that's the case !
What dip **** !!! Your right morons like him will get us grounded. BUT I don't trust what all pilots say either. I m convinced there are some saying crap stories they are seeing "drones" they call them. At 700 1000 feet away from them Really ! That's B/S !! They are making some of this up for their own selfish reasons.

Yeah but a wreck less careless pilot should be reported Too! When I see this I lob the ball right back! They are so worried about us, but they encounter more bird strikes and stupid pilot errors air and ground than our toys at our 400 or below ceiling yes of course we give them the right away BUT they don't have a license to do what ever they want.

Yeah, try to report a licensed pilot unless you are also a licensed pilot. All of a sudden you are the arrogant aggressor. All small aircraft pilots have to do is report a drone and FAA (or one of its leakers) makes sure that the news media is immediately informed. When you try to report a violation they want third party corroboration from other observers unrelated to you, or physical evidence and a tail number. (did you ever try to read a tail number on an aircraft flying between 90 and120 MPH at 400 feet?) In addition, you are warned about criminal prosecutions for false reporting (implying that if they can't prove the case you have reported you are making a false report).
As for the military and police overflights (including drug interdiction and crop investigations)...FUGETABOUTIT! They are entitled to do whatever they need to do to complete their training missions.

So, I am NOT a conspiracy theorist, but I do believe the cards are stacked against the hobbyist (we know they are stacked against the commercial flyer since in order to get a 333 exemption, the pilot has to hold an "airman" certificate.

Fly smart, but don't believe everything you see in reports of drone incursions.

Yeah, try to report a licensed pilot unless you are also a licensed pilot. All of a sudden you are the arrogant aggressor. All small aircraft pilots have to do is report a drone and FAA (or one of its leakers) makes sure that the news media is immediately informed. When you try to report a violation they want third party corroboration from other observers unrelated to you, or physical evidence and a tail number. (did you ever try to read a tail number on an aircraft flying between 90 and120 MPH at 400 feet?) In addition, you are warned about criminal prosecutions for false reporting (implying that if they can't prove the case you have reported you are making a false report).
As for the military and police overflights (including drug interdiction and crop investigations)...FUGETABOUTIT! They are entitled to do whatever they need to do to complete their training missions.

So, I am NOT a conspiracy theorist, but I do believe the cards are stacked against the hobbyist (we know they are stacked against the commercial flyer since in order to get a 333 exemption, the pilot has to hold an "airman" certificate.

Fly smart, but don't believe everything you see in reports of drone incursions.
Fair enough but if there are idiots doing this **** I wish they would stop before we are forced to fly in our back gardens and only our back gardens

Reactions: Fourprops
I honestly never even considered that as a possibility that people would be lying. Amazing if that's the case !
I'm sorry that's just how I've come to think now trust no one. Sad I know. I believe it is about control. It just another privilege being challenged. I think a lot of these sightings and mysterious crashes are truly staged events like the White House incident and many others. I've been flying RC planes responsibly since 1984 people who are truly in this awesome hobby /recreation love what we do and honestly don't think like this yes accidents do happen! But so does irresponsibility and Ill purpose minded individuals or groups ect.... My 2 cents

Reactions: skyhighdiver

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl