People like this give us a bad name.

Reaction score
Looking around you tube today and found this video and just aggravated me

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Him following people around watching them for what ever reason he is doing it people will take it as stalking or spying

Him following people around watching them for what ever reason he is doing it people will take it as stalking or spying

So what makes you think he's stalking or spying? If I were using my DSLR on a crane platform and video taped you on a public street would you say I'm stalking or spying on you. Some of you take things to extremes when accusing others of ruining this hobby for all of us.

Reactions: Waternut13134
So what makes you think he's stalking or spying? If I were using my DSLR on a crane platform and video taped you on a public street would you say I'm stalking or spying on you. Some of you take things to extremes when accusing others of ruining this hobby for all of us.
Different folks can take things differently-- the gentleman with the fishing pole acted like he didn't like it too much-- good thing that the fishing pole wasn't a shotgun.:D or the video could have had a different outcome. Surely you have seen the video of the chap blowing the "drone" out of the sky with his shotgun as it flew in front of his house. I can see @bradrun's point.

The youtube guy is trying to make out that this is something it isn't.
He starts with the photoshopped image on the title screen suggesting a huge telescope fitted to a Phantom but look at the details and you see he's managed to come up with a 150mm equivalent lens.
150mm on a 35mm camera is very low range telephoto - suitable for portraits but not useful when it comes to spying.
Even with his short telephoto modification, to get identifiable photos of people you still would have to be in hearing range.
Then he has to contend with a bunch of problems that make it less than satisfactory photographically.
This is not a spying machine.

I'm not saying it's a spy machine I'm just saying other people might watch this or the guy getting followed could get a bad idea in there head about uav's just following people around isn't a good idea

But does the average schmuck on the street have any idea how wide the FOV is on most of our birds? More likely, they equate it with what they see on CNN when they broadcast missile strikes in the Mideast using very narrow FOV lenses. Ergo, the common conception is drones can pick flies off the back of a goat at 30 miles.

The dude sounded as goofy as his video was lol!! Just goofy people being goofy. I did kind of like the tractor shot, though! :cool:

It is clear he's watching them. Thing is in videos like this you never know if they are staged. The woman in the lawn looked staged, the fisherman... not so sure on that. It also appeared there were 2 cameras on that UAV and I'll bet it's not a Phantom.

The Phantom in the title pic must have taken some serious gimbal balancing! :D

This is the world we live in. New tech will always mean 1) some ppl will make bad use of it; 2) some will profit from it; 3) some will fear and fight it; 4) some will have fun and chill with their toys :p

Regardless, technology marches on. Ppl can fight it but it won´t go back. Some will get mad and situations will arise. Tension will build and then fade, once drones become ubiquitous, pretty much in the same way cell phones and cameras have. BTW all that stuff means privacy will have a different meaning in years to come, thanks to technology that won´t go away (quite au contraire in fact!).

Everyone must adapt, and will. That´s life.

Which part aggravates you?
Probably that his Phantom won't even get off te ground with a telephoto lens on it.

Looking around you tube today and found this video and just aggravated me
Why are you so easily aggravated? It's obviously a joke.

Wow impressive [emoji4] ... do you think weight and balance might be an issue? Yeah naaaaaah.

Wow impressive [emoji4] ... do you think weight and balance might be an issue? Yeah naaaaaah.
I agree. This would make it possible to shoot people/events from a safe distance, and still look like you're flying much closer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.