Pelicase 1510 - Phantom 3 - pictures inside.

Reaction score
Phantom 3 fits perfectly inside the pelicase 1510.
This case is allowed by most airlines as carry on.
I sprayed the pick and pluck foam with Plasti Dip to make it more durable.

See pictures:
image.jpg
image.jpg

The motors seem to be standing higher than the case. When the spooky foams touch the motors after closing the lid, do you think it hurts the motors? Because I have the same problem with my SEAHORSE SF920 and I did remove the bottom thin layer of foam. I was really concerned about the motors being pushed by the spooky foams, I want to know how you feel about that?
Photo on 5-5-15 at 6.02 PM.jpg

I just realized your spooky foams are shorter than mine. I might just replace the spooky foams with a shorter one to create more space. Enjoy your P3!
I cut small squares out of the top foam so that the motors didn't hit on anything. Want to make sure you don't get any foam in the motors also.

Reactions: Efecan Sonmez
I cut small squares out of the top foam so that the motors didn't hit on anything. Want to make sure you don't get any foam in the motors also.

The guy in the youtube video for Seahorse left the props on and closed the lid. I wonder how he could do that with the same foam I have. It would hurt my heart to close the lid when its pushing like that.

The guy in the youtube video for Seahorse left the props on and closed the lid. I wonder how he could do that with the same foam I have. It would hurt my heart to close the lid when its pushing like that.
Yeah, with my pelican I figured the motors shouldn't have any pressure on them. Essentially mine was supported by the foam pushing on the top of the phantom shell and the legs resting on the bottom. I wish my P3 would ship so I could get the new foam setup.

I had gotten the 1510 for my P2 but didn't like how the motors stuck out so much. I returned it and got the 1560 and have loved it. I've taken it carry on to and from Cancun 4 times this year with no problem. Going to be taking it to Europe in a couple of weeks.

Do you guys check your bags or take it as a carry on? I know those baggage handlers open and steal ****. The TSA locks wont change a thing. I am graduating and going back home to Istanbul, Turkey from Miami. I am not sure about checking my bag

I had gotten the 1510 for my P2 but didn't like how the motors stuck out so much. I returned it and got the 1560 and have loved it. I've taken it carry on to and from Cancun 4 times this year with no problem. Going to be taking it to Europe in a couple of weeks.

Did you have to pay extra to bring it into Mexico? I am traveling to a resort outside of Cancun and would love to take my P3A.

Did you have to pay extra to bring it into Mexico? I am traveling to a resort outside of Cancun and would love to take my P3A.
Nope. Airport security will make you open up the case so they can see it and show their buddies. That's all though. Easy peazy every time.

Thats a nice case and would house the dbs mods tx range extender nicely by the looks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31