PC Groundstation with 5.8 DJI transmitter

Reaction score
Hello...

I have a PH2 with HD 3D Gopro3+ and DJI 5.8 video transmitter. I would like to add a PC Ground Station to my setup. What do I need to have everything operational?

Also, can anyone confirm that when I purchase the iPAD Ground Station everything required for the "PC Ground Station: is included. It seems all software and drives come with the iPAD version.

Thanks in advance!

A battery and a connector to fit the ground end to, and the charger.
Phantom 1 batteries use an xt60 connector.

All you need to do is connect the air end to the bird through the can bus connector on the landing gear.
If needed, download and install the firmware into the bird.
Download the "assistant" firmware.

If you're using an ipad or iphone, you then just download the app.
Once you go through the process of setting up the app, enjoy the flights!

Southern, DJI may still be sending the PC software with the "iPad Grounstation" kit, but even if you get one that doesn't have it you can download the software and drivers that are on it.

I've been having a bit of a look to see what this PC version is all about... looks like I need to buy something to run it.. Is it just 2.4ghz hardware I get (obviously from DJI)?
Seem kind of pointless ? If so, is that just so my pc can interface with 2.4ghz ? Kind of like a wifi card.... ??

I saw something which I think was the GS kit for just over $200US ? Does that sound about right price ?? Looks like it was just a bluetooth/serial kit to connect to 2.4ghz ??

I kind of just want to run the simulator (to play around) so don't want to pay/buy it for just that... but yeah thought I would ask... Just in case all I need to do is simply download the PC version, which doesn't appear to be the case... Surely the laptop has all it needs to run without buying additional equipment ?

justin00 said:
I've been having a bit of a look to see what this PC version is all about... looks like I need to buy something to run it.. Is it just 2.4ghz hardware I get (obviously from DJI)?
Seem kind of pointless ? If so, is that just so my pc can interface with 2.4ghz ? Kind of like a wifi card.... ??

I saw something which I think was the GS kit for just over $200US ? Does that sound about right price ?? Looks like it was just a bluetooth/serial kit to connect to 2.4ghz ??

I kind of just want to run the simulator (to play around) so don't want to pay/buy it for just that... but yeah thought I would ask... Just in case all I need to do is simply download the PC version, which doesn't appear to be the case... Surely the laptop has all it needs to run without buying additional equipment ?

If you've bought the iPad Ground Station which comes with the air end, BTU and ground end then you can use the PC software without needing to buy anything else. The "ground end" simply plugs into your PC via USB cable which powers the ground end and also is the link between the software and the unit. You can download the PC software from DJI's website. Note if you're on Windows you'll need to download the drivers on the same page as well.

Hope this helps.

justin00 said:

The 2.4GHz data link includes the equipment (ground and air ends) to connect the aircraft to your PC or iPad wirelessly, but it's not standard wifi...no PC (laptop or otherwise) has the radio in it needed to use the GS. DJI's hardware kit you saw is the only option.

Cool thanks for that. And the "simulator" is that like a r/c simulator ?? or just a simulator to get it to fly vi the GS ?

justin00 said:
Cool thanks for that. And the "simulator" is that like a r/c simulator ?? or just a simulator to get it to fly vi the GS ?

Personally I don't "get" the simulator. You can't use it indoors to play with different flights, you have to have it connected to the bird with GPS lock just like you're going to fly a real mission for it to work. Then all it does is shows a fake bird on the screen that you can sort of control. Maybe I'm missing something though.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl