Paynes Prairie, Florida - My first FPV and My Maiden Flight

Reaction score
Well, this was the first chance I have been able to utilize everything together and out in the open. The most I had done to the point was backyard flying and testing battery life.

I have to admit, this was a ton of fun. Everyone that passed stopped to take pictures and to ask about it. Well then there was one guy that wanted to call the Rangers on me, to bad the ranger on duty had already spoke with me and was into R/C Helo's...

Anyways, hope you enjoy my edit...

http://youtu.be/PRF5EIxZ1x4

Re: Paynes Prairie, Florida - My first FPV and My Maiden Fli

Very nice. I kept wondering what you would do if you had to emergency land next to of those gators.

I would have done nothing but cried. Lol

jgrissom91 said:
Very nice. I kept wondering what you would do if you had to emergency land next to of those gators.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I was thinking the same thing. "Well, if it goes down itss not being retrieved ever!"

Having lived in Gainesville for 30+ years it's nice to see the gators are still BIG on the prairie. I can remember fishing on Bivens Arm and seeing nothing but red dots on the water in the evening and of course walking down the 'latchua trail and having to leave in a hurry cause the gators were too thick. Hope you never crash out there cause you're going to have a big pair to retrieve your Phantom. Nice video. Go do some stuff around Lake Alice and the Swamp so folks can see the beauty of Gainesville.

I'll check out those sites! Thanks.

Just checking to see if you realize when I say the Swamp that's Ben Hill Griffin stadium? It used to be open for exercise and I don't see why you couldn't bring your Phantom in with you when nothing is happening but then again the athletic association may have a restriction on it.

Yeah, I live in Tampa, but my girl went to UF. I know what it is. She gonna look into for the next time we are up there.

If you get in, make sure you post it. I think you could do some neat stuff in a stadium. Beware the winds in there. They tend to sneak over the sides and swirl really bad. Also keep in mind the further down you are in the bowl the warmer it is and the less lift you have. It gets HOT down on the field. Been there done that. Good flying!

In gainesville looking to get a hands on with the Inspire 1 and Phantom 3 before i make my purchase to see which i would prefer any one available on the weekends?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik