payload drop mechanism

Reaction score
Has anyone here tried to make one for the phantom? I found this video on youtube and thought it would be a nice project to try out. Also what would you need to control the servo wirelessly like that?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLDBvAhzRM0[/youtube]

If you have a zenmuse gimbal that allows camera tilt you could probably easily rig something up on this allowing it to release on demand.....

pilsburypie said:
If you have a zenmuse gimbal that allows camera tilt you could probably easily rig something up on this allowing it to release on demand.....
I wish I had a gimbal, but sadly my little fc40's all stock. The link BWJ posted looks like a fairly easy to install setup though so I might look into it around the end of this week.

kitari said:
pilsburypie said:
I wish I had a gimbal, but sadly my little fc40's all stock. The link BWJ posted looks like a fairly easy to install setup though so I might look into it around the end of this week.

You don't need a gimbal. You just need an extra channel on the controller to trigger the servo via radio. Some people use that spare channel for gimbal tilt, some people use it to trigger still camera, some people use it for retracting landing gear, some people use it to turn on and off lights on the quad.... The important thing is that the flight controller has that extra channel and your radio has a switch.

witold said:
kitari said:
pilsburypie said:

You don't need a gimbal. You just need an extra channel on the controller to trigger the servo via radio. Some people use that spare channel for gimbal tilt, some people use it to trigger still camera, some people use it for retracting landing gear, some people use it to turn on and off lights on the quad.... The important thing is that the flight controller has that extra channel and your radio has a switch.
I forgot all about that, I'd probably have to get the actual switch part since mine doesn't have it, but there should be an open port or something right? I also have a devo 7 controller coming fairly soon as well, but I don't know if that would work on the phantom or not. If it does that'll make things much easier.

Why do you wan't this capability? Wait a minute.. You haven't recently been flying over French power stations have you? ;)

kitari said:
PsychopathRC said:
Why do you wan't this capability? Wait a minute.. You haven't recently been flying over French power stations have you? ;)
lol, nope wasn't me, I just want to be able to drop water balloons on people actually. :p

1L of water is 1kg
Will have to be small balloons

Hmmm

If I have P2V+ does that mean the 7th channel is in use by the gimbal?? Or is the 7th channel only in use if I have the lever thing in the r/c? I'm guessing its in use..but figured I'd double check..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl