Paying someone to add accessories to Phantom?

Reaction score
So I am doing my research on how to best add accessories to my Phantom. Specifically, I would like FPV (preferably using a small monitor in addition to the goggles), and, a gimbal to steady the video and still images and let me control camera orientation.

I am somewhat handy but also could see the value in sending my Phantom to a business that can supply and install these options. I learn quickly but usually break things on my first try! Paying a small install fee might be better than me screwing something up and rendering my Phantom unusable.

Since this is a somewhat niche business, can someone recommend reputable businesses that could do this in the USA?

my local hobby shop does it for me. nice thing about keeping it local is that you dont have to go through the pain of shipping it out and you also can get advice before you buy something. Not to mention you get some input on where you want things to go. Plus when you go to pick it up, they fly it in front of you and show you how to do things.

Ksc said:
my local hobby shop does it for me. nice thing about keeping it local is that you dont have to go through the pain of shipping it out and you also can get advice before you buy something. Not to mention you get some input on where you want things to go. Plus when you go to pick it up, they fly it in front of you and show you how to do things.

That's good advice. None of these things are not that difficult to do and keeping it local has soooo many benefits.

I literally just crashed my 450. The IOS ground station told it to drop out of the sky like a rock. Nice thing is that I had it built locally and when I called the guy, he knew who I was and I told him what broke and he said he could get me back up and running in an hour. Had I sent it in, I would have had to call a 1-800 number then talk to someone in India named "Charlie" who would tell me they dont warranty my mistakes and would say they can sell me another 450 if I like. Going local is the best way. Its not the cheapest way (I buy online then assemble locally) because they hit you up with the install rate thats a little high but you cant beat having someone answer the phone who knows you and will take care of you.

Ksc said:
I literally just crashed my 450. The IOS ground station told it to drop out of the sky like a rock. Nice thing is that I had it built locally and when I called the guy, he knew who I was and I told him what broke and he said he could get me back up and running in an hour. Had I sent it in, I would have had to call a 1-800 number then talk to someone in India named "Charlie" who would tell me they dont warranty my mistakes and would say they can sell me another 450 if I like. Going local is the best way. Its not the cheapest way (I buy online then assemble locally) because they hit you up with the install rate thats a little high but you cant beat having someone answer the phone who knows you and will take care of you.

LOL "Charlie". So true. My favorite Pseudo name is "Becky".

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj