Parts falling off

Reaction score
I've had my P2 a couple of months now. While in a low hover indoors, I just saw one of the long T-screws fall out of the gimbal.
Lucky it was inside where I could find it.

So I guess it's a good idea to torque everything every few flights if you don't already do that.

I just had an epic crash which seems to have been caused at least in part by one of the gimbal stop screws having come adrift. Camera and mount separated from drone and flew on their own some 40 feet , fortunately soft landing and minor bend on gimbal sole plate easily repaired. Found one screw missing and one sheared ( during incident ).
It is what it is and I agree a preflight check should have caught it ( not sure why I lost control in first place ). More importantly is the cost to replace, 40 USD for the screws and 75 USd for sole plates, come on what a rip off. !!! that adds up to just under 1/3 the price of gimbal new ????

One of my t screws turned up missing too...dont know how it got out!

Yeah - forty bucks is a real yank. Most every other screw in the quad has Loctite on it. I'm going to go get some.

Eos630 said:
Yeah - forty bucks is a real yank. Most every other screw in the quad has Loctite on it. I'm going to go get some.

Be very careful about using liquid Loctite, it seems that even a tiny amount on the plastic body can cause it to crack.

You only need a tiny amount of Loctite anyway. Enough to put a very thin coat on the threads. When you you tighten it, wipe off any excess. And blue loctite, not red.

Thanks for posting thread - great reminder for us newbs that might get too excited about flying to remember to check all of this stuff!

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic