Partner Wanted

Reaction score
I am starting a new business that will specialize in drone Arial video and photography. I am looking for a partner who lives within a 20 mile radius of Bryn Mawr, PA 19010. No financial investment will be required. What I am looking for is a skilled drone pilot who is willing to invest his time and skill to build a business. In return this person will receive a % of the business. I will purchase the equipment needed. I am a licensed part 107 pilot but my flying skills are limited at this time. I currently own a Phantom P4P V2.0 and will be purchasing a Mavic 2 Pro shortly and an Inspire 2 shortly after. If anyone is interested in meeting with me please respond to this message and we will set up a meeting to go over further details and your qualifications. In the past I owned a video production company that specialized in high end corporate videos and infomercials.

Reactions: P4PCommander
I am starting a new business that will specialize in drone Arial video and photography. I am looking for a partner who lives within a 20 mile radius of Bryn Mawr, PA 19010. No financial investment will be required. What I am looking for is a skilled drone pilot who is willing to invest his time and skill to build a business. In return this person will receive a % of the business. I will purchase the equipment needed. I am a licensed part 107 pilot but my flying skills are limited at this time. I currently own a Phantom P4P V2.0 and will be purchasing a Mavic 2 Pro shortly and an Inspire 2 shortly after. If anyone is interested in meeting with me please respond to this message and we will set up a meeting to go over further details and your qualifications. In the past I owned a video production company that specialized in high end corporate videos and infomercials.

MWH: I'm not even in the US, but I've successfully been in business for the past 40 years. Please ignore me if my comments are unwelcome, but I thought you might find some brief feedback of help.

Could I suggest that you're a bit more specific? As I'm sure you'll agree if you've previously owned a video production company, it's not the drone piloting skills that are primarily important but rather the filming skills - not least composition, exposure, and cinematography techniques. These need to be second nature if you're also flying. Or, as you're looking to get an Inspire 2, are you planning to do the filming whilst a business partner just does the flying (both using separate controllers)?

And what about the crucial matter of editing, including music selection and voice-over audio? Is that your area of expertise?

The skills/experience needed to "build a business" are very different from the skills of a drone pilot. I would clearly separate these two sets, instead of bundling them together as if they automatically come as one package (which they rarely do). Marketing, for example, is a million miles away from using a RC.

I would also suggest you rethink having a P4P and a Mavic 2 Pro. Why not just go ahead with the Inspire 2 as this would be the obvious upgrade to the P4P you already have?

As you've mentioned that you previously owned the video production company, could I also suggest you expand on this a bit - especially why this is in "the past". If I was possibly interested, I'd be thinking "What went wrong?" when the reality for you moving on might be something different.

An alternative way forward to looking for a business partner at this very early stage would be to employ a recent film graduate. You could offer a percentage of each job as an incentive, rather than in the fledgling business as a whole. Such individuals should already have a basic understanding of film making. Learning to fly a drone is the easy bit.

More generally, taking on a business partner early on needs careful thought. I've seen this cause small businesses a huge headache and worse. Assuming it's a stranger, is this really the best way forward? What happens if/when it doesn't work out between you? Does the other person still retain his/her percentage in the business as a sleeping/inactive partner? (Know your legal stuff.)

All the best.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj