Partial flyaway and near disaster

Reaction score
Used the waypoint app today and lost control at about 1200 ft but the video kept running. Regained control just in time To avert a costly disaster. Check out the video.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry can't seem to load the video, some help would be great

You say you lost control... mean you lost a control signal? Did the phantom still fly it's programmed course or are you saying that the phantom veered off course and didn't fly to next programmed waypoint as it should have?

Dirty Bird said:
Flying around Baltimore?

I recognized that Domino Sugar sign too! :)

Everything looks pretty normal to me too? Maybe he just wanted us all to watch his video.

srandall25 said:
You say you lost control... mean you lost a control signal? Did the phantom still fly it's programmed course or are you saying that the phantom veered off course and didn't fly to next programmed waypoint as it should have?

I was out last night trying out waypoints on a P2V and a V+. With one (can't remember now which one) I got a screen message saying connection broken, but the craft kept flying on course. I had to re-attach the wifi network and then everything worked fine.

CBS

This helps answer a question I had (I think). If the flight plan is stored in the iDevice, then any lost connection disrupts the flight of the Phantom, but if the flight plan is uploaded somehow to the Phantom, it should continue on its path. If the connection from the Controller to the Phantom is lost, I would assume (but don't know) that the Phantom would still go into RTH mode. The info that would be available here is what exactly disconnected? The iDevice-Range Extender, or the Contoller-Phantom?

There is still a lot to this system I don't fully understand.

slothead said:
This helps answer a question I had (I think). If the flight plan is stored in the iDevice, then any lost connection disrupts the flight of the Phantom, but if the flight plan is uploaded somehow to the Phantom, it should continue on its path. If the connection from the Controller to the Phantom is lost, I would assume (but don't know) that the Phantom would still go into RTH mode. The info that would be available here is what exactly disconnected? The iDevice-Range Extender, or the Contoller-Phantom?

There is still a lot to this system I don't fully understand.

Big question for me is what will happen if GPS signal is lost for whatever reason during mission? Since it have no GPS it can't just hover or RTH??? :?:

In my case it was only the wifi signal that lost connection Slothead. Wonder what would happen if the controller was turned off mid-flight, that might answer your question?

I agree on the GPS issue (I think). If it dropped to <5 satellites, would it go into Atti mode and therefore not be able to auto-complete the course? Switching the R/H switch to Atti mid flight would test that one maybe?

CBS

The phantom veered off its ground station waypoint when the fpv came back after it said lost control I was behind the Domino sugar sign I panicked a bit but throttled up to get over it and went back to gps and it continued on to the next waypoint but I turned off the video. Yes it's my hometown Baltimore

happydays said:
srandall25 said:

I was out last night trying out waypoints on a P2V and a V+. With one (can't remember now which one) I got a screen message saying connection broken, but the craft kept flying on course. I had to re-attach the wifi network and then everything worked fine.

CBS
sounds like the same thing that happened to me

Per page 47 (Appendix) of the DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus owners manual, SLOW Yellow LED=GPS Lost. FAST flashing yellow=Transmitter SIgnal Lost.

It seems to be steady but spinning at 6.40. Wouldn't that suggest that it is a compass error and not a GPS issue?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj