PART 61 HOLDERS TEST RELEASED - ALC-451: Part 107 Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems (sUAS)

LuvMyTJ

Admin
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Here is the new Part 107 Test!

Screen Shot 2016-06-22 at 8.54.45 PM✨.png

SOURCE: Activities, Courses, Seminars & Webinars - ALC_Content - FAA - FAASTeam - FAASafety.gov

Thanks LuvMyTJ, I guess it's time for yet another FAA test !

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

So in completing this course and passing the exam at the end, do you still have to take an additional aeronautics knowledge test at an FAA approved center, or do you just print out the certificate and send it in to the FAA for a permit to fly a commercial drone?

So in completing this course and passing the exam at the end, do you still have to take an additional aeronautics knowledge test at an FAA approved center, or do you just print out the certificate and send it in to the FAA for a permit to fly a commercial drone?
You must already hold a pilots license for this to mean anything. A different test will apply for people who want to fly drones for commercial purposes but do not have a pilots license already.

I was able to sign up for the ALC-451 test with my pilots license, passed the test and have a certificate of completion. My single engine land PL is not current, but in allowing me to sign up and take this exam with my PL number, does this mean that I can skip the additional FAA knowledge test coming after Aug. 29?

I was able to sign up for the ALC-451 test with my pilots license, passed the test and have a certificate of completion. My single engine land PL is not current, but in allowing me to sign up and take this exam with my PL number, does this mean that I can skip the additional FAA knowledge test coming after Aug. 29?

If you're not "current" then you'll either have to get current "BFR" or you'll have to take the full test at the testing facility. That's my understanding at least. This is taken directly from the FAA Part 107 Test website:

"

Training and Testing Requirements
A part 61 pilot certificate holder with a current flight review (per 14 CFR part 61.56) may complete this initial online course or the initial FAA Unmanned Aircraft General (UAG) Knowledge Test at a Knowledge Testing Center (KTC). Every 24 months, such individuals may then take the recurrent online course or the recurrent FAA UAG Knowledge Test at a KTC.

Any other applicant is required to take the initial FAA UAG Knowledge Test at a KTC, followed by the recurrent FAA UAG Knowledge Test at a KTC (every 24 months)."

*Bold and color added by me for emphasis*

I'm in the same situation as Peter, not current but I took the online course anyway as a sort of pre-test. Helped to highlight some areas where I needed review. Like BigA107 said, I would either take the BFR (unfortunately, I would probably have to go up with an instructor for a few hours before getting signed off) or just take the knowledge test. For me, taking the test is the shorter and less pensive route!

Reactions: BigAl07
I'm in the same situation as Peter, not current but I took the online course anyway as a sort of pre-test. Helped to highlight some areas where I needed review. Like BigA107 said, I would either take the BFR (unfortunately, I would probably have to go up with an instructor for a few hours before getting signed off) or just take the knowledge test. For me, taking the test is the shorter and less pensive route!

Or you could look at it like this... THIS is a good excuse to get back in the "Left Seat" and in the air again :)

Or you could look at it like this... THIS is a good excuse to get back in the "Left Seat" and in the air again :)
I wish! The other issue is that until I pass these last 2 kidney stones (they have been there now for over 2 years), I can't pass my physical! Kind of "good news - bad news". Good news - they haven't moved, bad news - they haven't moved. So for now, I'll get my thrills behind an remote joystick.

I wish! The other issue is that until I pass these last 2 kidney stones (they have been there now for over 2 years), I can't pass my physical! Kind of "good news - bad news". Good news - they haven't moved, bad news - they haven't moved. So for now, I'll get my thrills behind an remote joystick.

Ouch! Man that doesn't sound like fun at all. I can't decide to say "I hope they move soon" or "I hope they don't move soon" LOL Stuck between a rock and a hard place... or actually a stone and and airplane LOL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1