Part 107 License

Reaction score
What's the quickest and easiest way to study for the part 107 license? Is there a free guide of sorts or is there any way to pass the test without extensive studying?

Also how long would you say it takes to study for the entire test?

just search these forums, we have been posting all kinds of help ideas, material and training options since the FAA set up Part 107. its been in place now for 5 months and there are literally hundreds of post here about it. required study time really depends on your background. I put in about 40 hours studying for mine, but i have my private pilot ticket and am a ham radio operator so a lot of the material was just review for me. Biggest hurdle for folks with no aviation experience seems to be reading weather reports and sectional charts.

What's the quickest and easiest way to study for the part 107 license? Is there a free guide of sorts or is there any way to pass the test without extensive studying?

Also how long would you say it takes to study for the entire test?

It's a very technical test. I took an online ground school and studied for about 10 hours and scored a 92. I'm a pretty good test taker and it was definitely a tough test. As far as free guides go, the FAA has a free guide here https://www.faa.gov/regulations_pol...s/aviation/media/remote_pilot_study_guide.pdf but it read like stereo instructions for me, so I enrolled in this ground school which was super helpful FAA Part 107 Ground School

Reactions: N42742
Watch Youtube videos on sectional charts (maps), and a lot of airspace designations and controls. Study a lot of weather and METAR/TAG stuff. Those are the heavyweights in the test.

Mine had 63 questions which struck me odd as I thought it was only 60. They called the three extras "Validation questions" which I don't know what they were for as they weren't samples but part of the 63.

As to how long it takes you, who knows? Might take you 10 hours, or maybe 80 hours. Less if you were a pilot prior and just need the brush-ups.

Reactions: drone767

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers