Paralinx TRITON - A Revolution in Affordable Wireless HD Vid

Reaction score
Two years after the Debut of the Revolutionary ARROW+ , Paralinx is Proud to announce the all-new Paralinx Triton! Triton is the next-generation wireless video solution for Lightweight Wireless HD videography. It's just as comfortable rigged to a Ronin as it is being carried by a DJI Phantom 2 Quadcopter. With a compact and lightweight design, integrated battery plates and unheard-of range at an affordable price, the Triton system fits seamlessly into any production environment.

Triton_TX+and+RX.jpg

One of the best aspects of Triton, besides the ease of use, great range performance, and image quality, is that it is SHIPPING NOW!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwjkY2WvWuc[/youtube]

Please check the TRITON here:

http://www.paralinx.net/store/paralinx-triton-system

Additional Receivers

http://www.paralinx.net/store/paralinx-triton-receiver

Re: Paralinx TRITON - A Revolution in Affordable Wireless HD

Unheard of range?

"140m" is unheard of?

At the price of Phantom 2 Vision + plus battery?

Maybe it is just me but I don't see this as the competition to DJI's Lightbridge...

Just 450feet is not something that makes me even bit exited.

"Up to 450 feet/140m of range"

Joke ?
Misprint ?

Spam

I realize that many of you here are used to using Standard Definition transmitters with very high output power to go way out of line of sight.

Or That you use Lightbridge (which has pretty serious latency)

What I'm talking about here is FULLHD - with very high quality up to 450 feet away - we have actually tested the system to go much further in practice, with image quality that degrades gracefully often past 450 feet away.

Make no mistake - this is not SPAM.

I'm a cinematographer, founder of Paralinx, and Amateur Hobby Pilot myself.

Hmm,
twice the weight, uses 5.8GHz rather than 2.4GHz, so less range for a given power output, single feed, so requires a 2nd TX for pilots FPV, no return data, so still requires the RX on the quad...

That's a lot of compromises to reduce latency. Unless I needed a live link, I can live with 10mS of latency for my flying monitor.

My other comment would be it does not look as robust either. Seems to be a re-packaged domestic type HDMI wireless relay chip set rather than a bespoke product, but I will stand to be corrected on that one.

There are a few points above where you are incorrect...

1. you only need one transmitter in the air and can have as many receivers as you want on the ground for the video link. Essentially unlimited Receivers per channel.

2. This is a Bespoke Design and while PRIMARILY aimed at use for DSLR Video cameras, it fits REALLY well with a Phantom 2 sized craft or larger.

Next week we will reveal our PHANTOM 2 attachment accessory - the one in the video is 3D printed and Velcro'd on, and the dimensions are wrong - actually everything about the mount is WRONG WRONG WRONG in the video - you will be pleased with the final mounting bracket, and the weight and power draw do not negatively impact flight time on my phantom 2 in any meaningful way.

Shouldn't this be in classifieds? Or can I advertise my products here, too?

Dan Kanes said:
I realize that many of you here are used to using Standard Definition transmitters with very high output power to go way out of line of sight.

Or That you use Lightbridge (which has pretty serious latency)

What I'm talking about here is FULLHD - with very high quality up to 450 feet away - we have actually tested the system to go much further in practice, with image quality that degrades gracefully often past 450 feet away.

Make no mistake - this is not SPAM.

I'm a cinematographer, founder of Paralinx, and Amateur Hobby Pilot myself.

Welcome to the forum, but advertise your products in classifieds. I'm a CEO of a corporation that primarily sells on the net, but not once have I posted any of my products here!

I've moved this post to the "classifieds section."

-slinger

I'm only posting here only because I really had a bad experience with a Paralinx Arrow-X product. It didn't deliver the promised range, and it disconnected so many times it completely ruined the shoot day.

This was announced last summer by a Chinese company. I found it on a site called Cinescopophilia http://cinescopophilia.com/cvw-100-wireless-hd-video-transmitter-receiver-via-hdmi/ You can decide for yourself if there is anything "revolutionary", looks to me like Paralinx just puts their name on it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20