Parachute Recovery System

Reaction score
I was just looking on the hubsan x4 quadcopter and as an accessory they have made a stand alone parachute system which is reusable and come with it own power supply and everything which seem to just be bolted on to the legs of the quadcopter. I was just here thinking maybe it would be possible to purchase it and use on a phantom been its a stand alone system or would the addition weight affect the flying of the phantom?!
Here's the link to their website http://www.hubsanx4pro.com/accessories.html have a look guys and tell me what y'all think

I wonder if it could support the weight of the P3?

Don't see why not... it's designed to be used with the Hubsan X4 Pro series that has a "no accessories" weight of 2.3 lb and max takeoff weight of 3.1 lb... P3A/P weighs in at 1280g (2.82 lb)...

I like that the Hubsan PRS is self-contained... you can find it at various price points... ~$120

They have been around for a little while but have not really caught on. You can find several threads here on the forum about them.

DJI makes one themselves. The DJI DropSafe drop "speed reduction system". :)
Dropsafe - Drop speed reduction system | DJI

cover-7d2698c1a564688a6350cea8904d88a8.1419494280151.png

They have been around for a little while but have not really caught on. You can find several threads here on the forum about them.

DJI makes one themselves. The DJI DropSafe drop "speed reduction system". :)
Dropsafe - Drop speed reduction system | DJI

cover-7d2698c1a564688a6350cea8904d88a8.1419494280151.png
I've seen that one before but I don't think it can work on the phantoms plus it's a bit pricy lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The DJI DropSafe drop "speed reduction system".
wow... that thing is er, uhm, "interesting"... (i.e. ugly).. I like the Hubsan design better... and you can find it for ~$120 vs the ~$800 for DropSafe...

With all the flurry of critical battery scenario "P3 dropping from the sky" reports, it might be cheap catastrophic damage insurance...

wow... that thing is er, uhm, "interesting"... (i.e. ugly).. I like the Hubsan design better... and you can find it for ~$120 vs the ~$800 for DropSafe...

With all the flurry of critical battery scenario "P3 dropping from the sky" reports, it might be cheap catastrophic damage insurance...
I totally agree!

I'd like to bout the hubsan parachute, but the way the mounting assembly looks like, it may only be fitted to the hubsan x4 quad. Did anyone buy the parachute and found a way to affix it to the P3?

Reactions: rcfanatics
it may only be fitted to the hubsan x4 quad

Looks to me as though it's designed to clamp onto the legs of the quad from one side... depending on width, it may work on the P3 as well or it could be rigged in some way...

After I buy one, I'll let you know how it works out! :D

I was just looking on the hubsan x4 quadcopter and as an accessory they have made a stand alone parachute system which is reusable and come with it own power supply and everything which seem to just be bolted on to the legs of the quadcopter. I was just here thinking maybe it would be possible to purchase it and use on a phantom been its a stand alone system or would the addition weight affect the flying of the phantom?!
Here's the link to their website http://www.hubsanx4pro.com/accessories.html have a look guys and tell me what y'all think
What a great idea; I didn't know these existed.

Looks to me as though it's designed to clamp onto the legs of the quad from one side... depending on width, it may work on the P3 as well or it could be rigged in some way...

After I buy one, I'll let you know how it works out! :D
Sounds good! I looked through the manual on their website, and it seems as if the width of the attachment frame is not adjustable at all. Maybe on would need to 3d print a new attachment frame/ adapter. Just an idea.

I just ordered one from HobbyZone.com ($119 + free shipping)... will examine and work on install after receipt next week sometime and let you know what I find... if it can work with the P3, certainly good cheap insurance in combo with my GPS tracker too.... if she flies away or suddenly "falls from the sky"... less damage and findable.

I just ordered one from HobbyZone.com ($119 + free shipping)... will examine and work on install after receipt next week sometime and let you know what I find... if it can work with the P3, certainly good cheap insurance in combo with my GPS tracker too.... if she flies away or suddenly "falls from the sky"... less damage and findable.
Great I'm gonna order mine on Friday as well I've been watching the YouTube videos and they seem to work well very just need to figure out how to get it fitted now but I know someone on here will figure out a way [emoji16]

Also debating on purchasing this Hubsan parachute system, but im worried i am running out of room having my Track IMO tracker attachment on the left side and i just ordered the Drop hook release from Gimbal Guard and the battery pack Affiixes to the right side between the Legs and body.

Great I'm gonna order mine on Friday as well I've been watching the YouTube videos and they seem to work well very just need to figure out how to get it fitted now but I know someone on here will figure out a way [emoji16]

Any word yet? This seems like the simplest and therefore most likely to work solution, especially for the price!! I really want to see if you guys can come up with a mount that works!!

Any word yet? This seems like the simplest and therefore most likely to work solution, especially for the price!! I really want to see if you guys can come up with a mount that works!!
i still haven't gotten around to it been so busy with work and because its so cold to fly i haven't been rushing lol but I'm a get on to it by next week

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20