Parachute for Phantom 3

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have been wondering if anyone out there has put a parachute system on their Quad. From reading the forums alone, about random crashes, it could be a no-brainer to protect your investment. Granted weight is a factor. But still worth a bit of investigation perhaps.

Found this on the internet: Home Page
Also there was a kickstarter project that wasnt fully funded: SmartChutes: Drone Parachute Recovery System

Any body have a comment? Would be keen to hear.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Careful with mayday board. I suggest you get the manual trigger. The mayday maker has confirmed that it was the improper calibration that caused the malfunction.
After two weeks of repairing. Yesterday the distributor informed me...the test flight was not good and later found out the mother board of the drone is broken. one of the main chip is broken...now..its not repairable. i think, i have to wait for another month for this issue finally over...my drone is dead..needs a new one...but that is life...we will die soon...

Last edited:
Reactions: afx
Hi there,

I have been wondering if anyone out there has put a parachute system on their Quad. From reading the forums alone, about random crashes, it could be a no-brainer to protect your investment. Granted weight is a factor. But still worth a bit of investigation perhaps.

Found this on the internet: Home Page
Also there was a kickstarter project that wasnt fully funded: SmartChutes: Drone Parachute Recovery System

Any body have a comment? Would be keen to hear.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I suggest you get the manual trigger.
Beware of those manual triggers which do not stop props before deploying the parachute. If you deploy the parachute it will stick in props.
Stop Flyaway remote controller manages the power and cuts off the power from motors before releasing the parachute. SF is the only remote control which has this feature. All others just deploy the parachute.

Finally, Stop Fall is almost ready. Some cosmetic and document work will be finished soon.
I have included many features which are better than same devices on the market have. Here's a part of description:

Technical specifications:
- crash detection in any position of Stop Fall, even it's rolling around itself
- no need to calibrate before flight, it will do everything by itself
- you can install Stop Fall in any place in any position, not only flat or 90 degrees to the ground
- fall detection within 1 second, ideally to avoid false parachute activations because of sudden wind or extreme turns
- ability to activate Stop Fall manually from free stick on you RC
- complete standalone system if powered with 5-24V (2-6S) battery
- sound alarm and led indicators
- minimal weight and dimensions
- smart designed box can be installed to many places without taking much space
- PC communication to get reports after crash

Photos are here: Stop Fall, Automatic crash detection and parachute deployment system.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic