Pantom 2 won't turn on after FPV install

Reaction score
I just installed the iOSD mini and a AVL58 transmitter and now my Phantom 2 won't power up? Any idea why? Batteries are good.

kustomizer said:
I just installed the iOSD mini and a AVL58 transmitter and now my Phantom 2 won't power up? Any idea why? Batteries are good.

How did you do the install? any Pictures? Is the IOSD mini plugged into the can bus on the leg? If it is - did you try unplugging it and seeing if you can power up then? (thus narrowing it down to the AVL58)?

I did the installed based on a couple YouTube videos. I just undid the iOSD and it still won't power up.

kustomizer said:
I did the installed based on a couple YouTube videos. I just undid the iOSD and it still won't power up.

You're not giving enough information as to how you hooked up both items. Did you use the DJI fpv hub for plug in play (no soldering)? Or did you hard wire the power/video to both iOSD/TX? If you used plug and play fpv hub take photo and post it so we can see if you made a mistake in the setup.

My first guess would be that you have used a plug and play wiring loom for the video transmitter and you have used the wrong type, with the power connections swapped over.

This produces a short circuit, preventing the quadcopter from firing up. It can also cause burning and component damage on the main board.

Disconnect the transmitter and see if the quad will fire up. If still no joy, remove the top cover and check for burned components.

No, I soldered in the the iOSD and transmitter to the red/brown/yellow/brown cable. Nothing smoked when I tried powering it up as I had the top open. I put a volt meter on the main power connections on the main board and tried powering it and there is no voltage there. Nothing but the the battery lights light when I try to power it.

If you still have the shell open disconnect the multi colored cable from the main board and measure the power connector again. If you still do not have power remove the battery and check the continuity between the battery terminals to the main board.

Ok, this is really dumb, but I figured out what was wrong, I wasn't allowing the battery to start correctly, doh, man, don't use something for a few months and you forget everything! I have always had the hardest time getting used to the battery power-up, well, the Phantom now powers up! Now to get the FPV working. Thanks for the help!

kustomizer said:
Ok, this is really dumb, but I figured out what was wrong, I wasn't allowing the battery to start correctly, doh, man, don't use something for a few months and you forget everything! I have always had the hardest time getting used to the battery power-up, well, the Phantom now powers up! Now to get the FPV working. Thanks for the help!

Glad you figured it out. Now if you soldered very thing up according to the manual there shouldn't be any problems with your FPV.
Good Luck.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj