Panoptes eBumper

Reaction score
Hi
Anyone out there try ebumpers yet?
http://www.panoptesuav.com/

I figured max speed of less than 3mph using this system. And there's some glaring gaps in coverage.

An avoidance system would be great. But I'm not going to be the one to spend $500 to find out if it works.. (add another $1300 if it doesn't) And I want a system that works at all speeds. Yes, I know what that would take. 360 degree scanning Lidar perhaps? Times two.

Realistically - right now I just want to be able to configure for RTH at more than 20 meters.
Happy Halloween everyone!
Jerry, Skulltronix.com

Here's a follow up from the maker of bumper regarding speed/distance:

"Thank you for reaching out - yes, the eBumper is intended to be a pilot aid for low velocity flight operations. The product that will follow the eBumper will do what you’re looking for; full obstacle avoidance at high velocities. We expect to work on it over the next 6 months to 1 year and bring it to market late 2015."

Actually, they've started selling a "limited number" last week at $499 +tax for November '14 shipment. I ended up not getting it because the price was slightly over my current budget.

I'm really liking how it came out though and I'll probably get it in the future.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioaFfBA1JPA[/youtube]

hmmm that looks very interesting.. So would it just plug into the Naza or something like that ? Any pics of the actual unit ?
Seems quite reasonable @ $500 for what it does.

How does it work anyways ??

I'm a little annoyed because they don't post the price on their webpage. Had it not been for you posters mentioning it, I would know they were $500 each. That seems a little over-priced to me. I certainly wouldn't put one on my FC40 (I only paid $450 for that).

So they showed that essentially drifting near an object would cause it to back up, but what if you continue to push the throttle forward? I don't know why you would, of course, but assume it's not 10 feet in front of you like the video, and you can't exactly see that you're coming up to something - is it going to pull back once and then happily smash into whatever you were near, or will it act like an 'invisible wall'?

And just watching the video, I also didn't quite get a sense of whether this was 360 degree protection, or just forward movement. (Okay, checking out the website reveals that it's front/top, left and right)

skulltronix said:
Realistically - right now I just want to be able to configure for RTH at more than 20 meters.
Happy Halloween everyone!
Jerry, Skulltronix.com

RTH height can now be set in the latest 3.6 firmware.
Can be done via the Assist and app.

I have an eBumper4 on my Phantom 2, but I lost the flight manual! (I still have the installation manual).
Anybody have a copy they can scan/email/sell me?

I have an eBumper4 on my Phantom 2, but I lost the flight manual! (I still have the installation manual).
Anybody have a copy they can scan/email/sell me?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic