Pano mode in Litchi

Reaction score
Hi P4 Litchi users, I have fired off an email to Litchi support asking for help with using Pano mode in Litchi (v1.15.5). Essentially what happens is that I plan a simple 3 row, 4 shot camera mission and I have yet to complete it without either a disconnect message and an attempted 'flyaway' or the quad simply starts spinning around and dropping in height.
I am flying over a lake with zero interference, zero obstructions and 40 mtrs away from me. All other modes work in the app as it also does in the dji app4. I have searched through previous Litchi posts and found nothing similar and am aware of the Litchi issues with other craft, but not including the P4. Running the latest firmware, ND4 polar pro filter with a FPVLR modified controller during these attempts.

image.jpeg
Received this reply from Litchi this morning with regards to the failure of pano to complete. With the exception of airplane mode, my settings are the same as their suggestions. I'll try it anyway.

Having same issue, only since updating iOS
Yep running iOS 10.3 and I'm stuffed. I can get it to work 1 out of 4 times but you have to get ready for the disconnect message. I think it may also be in the dji firmware as I updated the litchi app yesterday and they clearly stated the other current flight modes currently affected are due to the current firmware. Waiting, waiting.....

Yep running iOS 10.3 and I'm stuffed. I can get it to work 1 out of 4 times but you have to get ready for the disconnect message. I think it may also be in the dji firmware as I updated the litchi app yesterday and they clearly stated the other current flight modes currently affected are due to the current firmware. Waiting, waiting.....

Going to drop back down iOS, confirm tomorrow if it works.

I tried tonight with my mini 2, aeroplane mode and ran "Memory&Disk" app and worked first time, will do second test today then another straight after.
It worked once out of 5 attempts and flying in FPV was crap. I'm going to uninstall/reinstall the app to see if that improves things. Funny thing flying exactly the same trip using dji go4 gave me zero issues.

I am having the same issue with pano's not completing...only about one in four or five finish. Sometimes will only complete 6 of 26 images before failing other times will manage 16 of 26...or any number in between.
I am running the latest iOS on a iPhone 7 plus, latest DJI firmeware on my P4P, latest Litchi version & P4P was within 200ft distance & altitude.
Would love this to be reliable again, always try to do a 360 pano when on location at the end of my flights. Used to work a dream on my P3 Standard.

I am having the same issue with pano's not completing...only about one in four or five finish. Sometimes will only complete 6 of 26 images before failing other times will manage 16 of 26...or any number in between.
I am running the latest iOS on a iPhone 7 plus, latest DJI firmeware on my P4P, latest Litchi version & P4P was within 200ft distance & altitude.
Would love this to be reliable again, always try to do a 360 pano when on location at the end of my flights. Used to work a dream on my P3 Standard.
Well I see here are a few others with the same problem, WP missions works fine. I thought it may be a signal issue but I am using a boosted FPVLR setup and can fly for miles, I discounted that. You load the pano mission the same as WPs so I am thinking it is in the dji firmware. Roll on the next update......

I have the same problem with my P4P. Firmware and iOS are all updated to latest version. Using an iPad Mini 4.
I used Litchi for the first time the other day. I tried doing a 26 shot 360 pano. The first 4 attempts never finished. I got a timeout error after 4 or 5 photos. Finally on the 5th attempt, the pano completed.

The other modes I tested worked.

I guess it's not just me then.

I'm Android (no issues/lag with Go) but I thought I'd ask here rather than start a new thread.

I run a P3A and I'd like to used Litchi for automated panos, just about to purchase it but seeing that many are having problems. My questions are:

- are there Android users who are happy with the pano feature?

- what's the refund process on Litchi if it's not fit for purpose?

TIA, Adam

I'm Android (no issues/lag with Go) but I thought I'd ask here rather than start a new thread.

I run a P3A and I'd like to used Litchi for automated panos, just about to purchase it but seeing that many are having problems. My questions are:

- are there Android users who are happy with the pano feature?

- what's the refund process on Litchi if it's not fit for purpose?

TIA, Adam
If it's not fit for purpose then it's either a bug from Litchi due to a firmware update from DJI, in which case they will fix it or it's a bug within the DJI firmware that will have to wait until DJI are informed of problem & will update their firmware or if Litchi release a version that has a bug in it they will fix it as soon as possible. None of these are reasons for a refund, problems occur with software that can't be foreseen. Litchi are usually very good at informing their customers of major problems with certain updates & firmware releases & warn us not to fly until notfied, except at your own risk. I had no issues at all with Litchi on on my Phantom 3 Standard but am now having issues with 360 Panos on my Phantom 4 Pro....I'm just being patient until it's fixed & not expecting my money back.

Thanks Taurus,
my issue is that I don't need/want any of Litchi other features so if Panos don't work (or are so unreliable as to be useless) then it's not for me.

Are there any Android/P3A users who are happily using Litchi Panos reliably? If so, can you post your software/firmware status?

TIA
If it's not fit for purpose then it's either a bug from Litchi due to a firmware update from DJI, in which case they will fix it or it's a bug within the DJI firmware that will have to wait until DJI are informed of problem & will update their firmware or if Litchi release a version that has a bug in it they will fix it as soon as possible. None of these are reasons for a refund, problems occur with software that can't be foreseen. Litchi are usually very good at informing their customers of major problems with certain updates & firmware releases & warn us not to fly until notfied, except at your own risk. I had no issues at all with Litchi on on my Phantom 3 Standard but am now having issues with 360 Panos on my Phantom 4 Pro....I'm just being patient until it's fixed & not expecting my money back.

Thanks Taurus,
my issue is that I don't need/want any of Litchi other features so if Panos don't work (or are so unreliable as to be useless) then it's not for me.

Are there any Android/P3A users who are happily using Litchi Panos reliably? If so, can you post your software/firmware status?

TIA
I use iOS so can't vouch for Android but as I said I had no issues on my P3S, just the new P4P, so I would think that the P3A might be OK. You could try a couple of the free options for 360 panos but not sure if they are available for Android yet but I know they are working on it:
1: Hangar 360
2: Dronepan

I am currently having issues with all 3 apps with 360 Panos with the P4P so I'm guessing it's an issue with the DJI firmware.

Thanks Taurus,
those apps appear to be IOS only but I'll keep an eye on them.

For panos, manually taking the shots is not really a drag (the P3A doesn't drift when yawing like my old P2V+ used to), I'll give Litchi a go and report back here with my findings.

Adam

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj