Panning with H3-3D

Reaction score
Since the 3D gimbal is stabilizing the yaw axis, what happens during a deliberate pan? I assume on the initial turn it will attempt to stay on a heading, or does it know you are turning and stay in the center, or what?

I would still recommend a better transmitter. I have the futaba 8fg super and have it setup to smooth or feather my yaw controls. The new gimbal helps, but the better tx makes a huge difference regardless.

Yes. Very easily. Setting it up isn't too easy, but there are many video tutorials online that make it totally doable.

the H3-3d will make pans less jerky/robotic, but the stock Phantom Tx might still seem too sensitive. - which a Futaba and other Tx's can alleviate.
But I'd lean towards getting the H3-3d first and see how it all works for you, and then consider the Tx (which I highly recommend as well if you're serious about this hobby)

Thanks for the replies. Yes will be getting the 3D soon but plan on trying the variable rate yaw (and tilt) mod on the stock tx before getting the Futaba controller.

laselvasurf said:
I would still recommend a better transmitter. I have the futaba 8fg super and have it setup to smooth or feather my yaw controls. The new gimbal helps, but the better tx makes a huge difference regardless.

Expensive tx. Not worth in my opinion, FrSky Taranis its cheaper and better IMO.

What yaw mod are you talking about. I have the 2d and have jerky video when trying to pan, or just flying forward it sometimes has slight jerkyness. I tried to smooth yaw movement out with gain settings with no luck, and plan on going to the 3d just for these reasons.

ussvertigo said:
What yaw mod are you talking about. I have the 2d and have jerky video when trying to pan, or just flying forward it sometimes has slight jerkyness. I tried to smooth yaw movement out with gain settings with no luck, and plan on going to the 3d just for these reasons.

You can throw another pot on the rudder channel to attenuate the input of yaw. It won't help with yaw due to attitude corrections (forward flight or hover) but it slows down your stick input, which can help for deliberate pans. I'd personally rather not have something sitting there mediating tx commands myself...at that point I'd do as others are suggesting and get a good 3rd party tx that natively supports dual or triple rates.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4