Painting drone black

Reaction score
Painting drone black would probably attract the sun light which you don't want there for heating up the internal parts and attracting sun to the battery correct me if I'm wrong

Painting drone black would probably attract the sun light which you don't want there for heating up the internal parts and attracting sun to the battery correct me if I'm wrong
Never had an issue with my p2v which i painted black. So I'd say you're wrong imo.

You aren't in the air long enough for the Sun star to be a bother.
Plus remember, you have four powerful fans blowing down on it, at all times during its flight.
Plus if it was a major deal, www.scorpiondrones.com wouldn't sell them black carbon fiber models.

So no, it shouldn't be a problem what so ever.

Have fun, post pics when you're done.

RedHotPoker

Phantom 1 painted black carrying go pro and tarot 2d gimbal. Not an issue.
Not sure I'll be painting my new p3p yet though.

Probably yes. I'm no expert but I don't think I would do that to mine. And I love it the way it is :)

I painted my p3p black. Only have 1 flight since but I don't think there will be any issues.

This was debated a while ago ended with no problem.
If you google Black drone in images there are many black stock drones around.
If I was to do mine I would use a satin black not gloss and not flat paint.
I think Yuneec has a Black version of the Q500 that's a big drone.

Now the transmitter ended up with a firm NO don't do it.

The solo 3dr is black too and that thing is money. And has computers on board n stuff too that makes heat...no problem with it. I'm sure it doesn't help with the heat tho

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31