Paint propellers?

Reaction score
Hi everyone if I'm getting those lines in my video from the suns reflection off my props, should I spray them black and re balance. I just bought these from dji and balanced them but lines are annoying.

Hi everyone if I'm getting those lines in my video from the suns reflection off my props, should I spray them black and re balance. I just bought these from dji and balanced them but lines are annoying.
A better idea might be adding some kind of a lens hood to block sun reflected off the props.

Reactions: dirkclod
A better idea might be adding some kind of a lens hood to block sun reflected off the props.
What he said or if you really want to color your props dyeing them is the simplest. Search the forum for it, there are many, many threads on it.

- I do not recall any other posts /threads - about this problem you have, so may I suggest you try - tilt / pan the camera slightly to deflect any sun bounce off shiny, reflective surfaces. Also its possible to use a polarizing filter or perhaps an ND filter, to either remove or reduce reflections, - or get a set/front pair of either CF props.
I have seen ( ebay) black props which seem to be either DJI or clones - which were available for the P2 versions - but seem OK on P3 ( if not i am sure I will be corrected)

Look in the search in my signature and type in the middle ..suns reflection off my props..and you will see more threads on this
than you want to read :)

Reactions: kjar211
I reply as a photographer - I do not recall any other posts /threads - about this problem you have, so may I suggest you try - tilt / pan the camera slightly to deflect any sun bounce off shiny, reflective surfaces. Also its possible to use a polarizing filter or perhaps an ND filter, to either remove or reduce reflections, - or get a set/front pair of either CF props.
I have seen ( ebay) black props which seem to be either DJI or clones - which were available for the P2 versions - but seem OK on P3 ( if not i am sure I will be corrected)
There are many threads here on this issue if is what we think it is (no video from OP).
Here is a search link to the threads here - Search Results for Query: sun banding | DJI Phantom Forum
This is a known issue if he is describing the banding that appears from the sun. A lens hood fixes the problem by shading the lens.

This guy explains why it happens...

This is what it can look like...

There are also many DIY hood videos. Just be sure to balance your gimbal when done so you don't cause undo stress on the gimbal motors.

Reactions: Ti22 and dirkclod
Hello. It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

Any chance you have some video of your issue you could share?

Sweet! sun banding 'been wondering WTF this was...

I had a slight flicker not as much as the video posted above. Very cool diy to make the hood. Thanks for the help

Could you try to sand them with reallllllllly fine sandpaper to get the shine off, then re-balance?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4