Paint propellers?

Reaction score
Hello all,
I'm a noob to all this drone flying. I find it fascinating. I got my 107, as I plan to shoot aerials with it, Cold weather flights keep my flights short as I practice. I do try to keep in my line of sight, it just seems so scary not see the drone. I was thinking of painting the propellers red or something, so it's easier to see. Or should I paint the body? Obviously taping off critical sensors. It just hard to see against a cloudy sky or even a bright sky. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Rudy

I think most folks prefer staining the props (Rit dye) as opposed to painting, so not affecting balance. But you might be able to locate some after-market color props. I had some for my P3.
Painting the bird is doable.

Painting will likely throw the props off balance I would do the fabric dye method or the alcohol ink. I seen the thread the other day on the forum was pretty wicked looking quick search you will find the threads.

Reactions: Techcop50
Will you really be able to see the color on that relatively small surface from the side while it's spinning?

Everything is relative. Depends on the angle, color, backdrop, etc. I bought red the ones because I like the way they looked (on the ground). :)

Thats a good point about seeing the props. I really don't care too much about how it looks. I just want to be abe to see it. Blaze orange might be good for the body. Interesting idea on the dye and alcohol ink.

I'd use paint on the body, otherwise you would probably need to strip the shell off to dye it. They make good spray paints for plastic now. Just tape off all the moving parts/sensors.
You could also look into applying some good removable vinyl.
DecalGirl | Custom Cases + Removable Skins For Your Electronics!
Don't know if they make a P4 yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers