Pahanom 2 v2 cheap gimbal pitch down problem.

Reaction score
Hi,

I`m still fighting with cheap gimbal... now I have problem with pitch, when is straight down:

any ideas?

Looks like you are hitting on your gyroscope/accelerometer board wire, against bottom gimbal arm ( bottom right of video, unplug that wire, reroute it over the arm ( not under ), this should offer more clearAnce with no binding up! These gimbals are super touchy, the slightest friction in any movement point, will cause power drop ( gimbal going limp ) and power up to correct ( gimbal movement upwards ) I would also increase your PID's in SimpleBGC software! DO NOT UPGRADE, only tweak! ( if you try to upgrade firmware on that gimbal, it will brick it, as they use a generic ( Russian ) I believe, and they are not compatible with original authentic AlexMoss SimpleBGC! You'll have an expensive paper weight!
( note: if also bundle the wires a bit, clean install = smooth operation )
Don't bundle tail leads ( leads to moving parts ) too tight, as you already see what happens!
Hope this helps!

J Dot

J Dot,
I did what u said - wire is not touching anytihing - still same situation :(
How to change the pid?

Ok.. I found solutions I think: in SimpleBGC I changed Pitch Power form 57 to 90.

Last edited:
I have a Christmas part to attend for the next few hours, but I'll be back on later this evening, if you are on, we will get this thing figured out for you!
Have you downloaded AlexMoss SimpleBGC software? And driver, you have to find the correct version for it to work! Look in the box the gimbal came in if avail, should tell you the version also either 8 but or 32 bit ( I'm sure 8 but and most likely 1.8 version or close to it, there are several versions, but if you download them, only the right version will work, so might be some trial and error?

Also watch some YouTube vids on " Alexmos SimpleBGC ( setup, tune, ect ) this will help you later to understand PID's and such, talk in s few hours!

J Dot

Ok.. I found solutions I think: in SimpleBGC I changed Pitch Power form 57 to 90.
90 is ok ?

You'll have to play with it a bit, as each gimbal is different from each other, I'll have to see what mine is set at, should be close, but in the past, I borrowed another members settings for his gimbal ( we had the same gimbals ) but with his settings on my gimbal, caused it to gyrate, up-down, I backed the power back a bit and it seems ok now! So you'll have to try 90, go fly, then adjust if needed!
I'd be glad to help if I can, but your will be unique, just save your factory settings, that way if you get it way out, you can always go back! And remember if you change anything, make sure you click WRITE, to write new settings to gimbal controller, or the new setting won't stick!

J Dot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20