PAH.... Who says you can't fly near airports?!

Reaction score
Clearly this was not filmed with a DJI FC..... With the nanny flight restrictions it would never have got off the ground :lol:

Think I'll give this a go at my nearest airport next weekend!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMWeVvjXytE

WOW! What a video.

Incredible video.... so.... UNLAWFUL! ;-) .... but yes, they state they had permissions and were in contact with the tower.... and again this is mexico, I doubt this could ever happen in the USA - at least with permission.

The airport contacted them to make the vid everyone was in Communications with each other look in the control tower guy/gal was waving at the bird . If you fly in manual mode their are no restrictions or if your like me still on a old software .
They did a nice job .

It's a nice video. I just had to say something to a poster though. It almost looks like he said that 90%+ of us Phantom pilots are clueless and dangerous.

YES - some great shots in there.

Going to try this this weekend - Will try hovering just in front of the intake of one of the engines and match my speed to the aircraft taxiing . The spinning fans will make a nice shot :lol:

Amazing video. Beautiful shots, especially right over the planes taxiing, and the takeoffs.. Great editing as well. Nice work. The guy who filmed this should feel very privileged, not many people will ever get a chance to do this.

Near miss at 0:18, 0:45, 1:10, 1:13, 1:14, 1:36, 1:52, 1:58, 2:32, 2:34, 2:44, 2:48, 3:15, 3:16, 3:24, and right before the credits roll....
For the record, I'm a pilot :)

Despite the inherent dangers, photography and videography of airplanes and airports have to be some of the most interesting videos.

That's an AWESOME video. I guess according to how the laws are currently set up this would be legal to do here in the U.S. IF you had permission and coordination with the airport authorities. But I highly doubt any of them would go for that. At least not yet. It looks to me like this drone pilot/photographer did everything by the book and professionally. Hopefully we see more of stuff like this and it will pave the way to the FAA, air industry and public to trust us enough to do things like this. No clue who this guy was, but very, VERY good work! I posted a video here the other day of a carnival. That footage was taken VERY close to a local airport. I shared it with the association in charge of the Shenandoah Apple Blossom Festival here in Va. When they saw it they commented on how good it was, but then went on to say how there are rules, restrictions, etc and that some of their people had ran into trouble last year flying drones. I then explained to them all the steps I had taken to do that flight legally, safely and responsibly by coordinating with the airport, local police, etc. They were quite impressed not only with the video but with how I did it in a professional way. Now they want to use my footage on their website. This whole drone thing can go so far and be a great thing when we all mind our P's and Q's and don't go out of our way to piss off people along the way.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20