P4PV2 Go Fly Pop-ups

Reaction score
P4PV2: After turning on my Remote Control, then turning on my P4PV2, I start my Android DJI GO4 App, Ver 4.2.21, and then my Go Fly window opens "BUT" I get a pop-up with 2 Options to select from: one stating "Allow Data to be Transferred, or, Charge Only. For the last 3 days that I've had my P4PV2 I've selected option one (Allow Data to be Transferred). When I choose the "Data Transfer" option I immediately lose connection and sometimes, but rarely, everything connects! Today I said screw it and selected the Charge Only option. Everything was fine and I flew one Battery until it warned me that the Battery was low. I couldn't ask for anything more, it flew beautifully, extremely stable and no yaw problems. Does anyone know why I'm given the pop-ups? I still have and regularly fly my original P3P, P4, Mavic Pro, and my Inspire 1V2 which have no pop-ups. Again I ask, why those pop-ups?

That message is coming from Android, not DJI Go.

True... and to add a bit-

Although it seems counterintuitive, 'data transfer' is not the correct choice, use 'charge only' always.

USB ports on modern mobile devices are capable of being used for many functions. If you turn on Developer Options in your Settings -> About menu, you can tweak what automatically happens when something is plugged into the USB port. It takes a bit of experimenting to get the right combo.

After I got mine just right, it works seamlessly... no questions asked ;)

Thanks for the fast replies! Until I find how to kill it I'll just ignore it and select "Charge only".

FYI: After using my new Huawei Mediapad T3 8" Tablet for my new PP4PV2 I found a problem that was really more of an annoyance than a problem. After the "DJI Go4 Go Fly App" loads a pop-up stating "Charge Only" or "Data Transfer" pops-up. It was really bugging me as if I chose the "Data Transfer" option it immediately killed my Go4 Go Fly App connection. I finally tried the "Charge Only" option and my Go4 Go Fly App connection worked perfectly.
After I asked this forum for help "Meta 4" and then "umanbean" brought to my attention that what I was experiencing was not caused by DJI's App but by my tablet's Android Operating System! I was advised by "umanbean" to go into my Mediapad's Developer's Options Setting to correct this. It turns out that my Mediapad T3 does not have a Developer's Options Setting so I loaded DJI GO4 onto one of my Nvidia Shield K1 Tablets without the USB annoyance. Hopefully Huawei will offer a Developer Options Setting in a future update as I like how fast the Mediapad T3 starts up and the battery life.

It turns out that my Mediapad T3 does not have a Developer's Options Setting

You have to 'activate' or 'turn on' Developer Options.

Go to Settings > About and tap 'Build Number' 7 times rapidly... this works on all Android devices. You'll have to search through developer options and play with all the various USB settings

Reactions: jlrsn
FYI: After using my new Huawei Mediapad T3 8" Tablet for my new PP4PV2 I found a problem that was really more of an annoyance than a problem. After the "DJI Go4 Go Fly App" loads a pop-up stating "Charge Only" or "Data Transfer" pops-up. It was really bugging me as if I chose the "Data Transfer" option it immediately killed my Go4 Go Fly App connection. I finally tried the "Charge Only" option and my Go4 Go Fly App connection worked perfectly.
After I asked this forum for help "Meta 4" and then "umanbean" brought to my attention that what I was experiencing was not caused by DJI's App but by my tablet's Android Operating System! I was advised by "umanbean" to go into my Mediapad's Developer's Options Setting to correct this. It turns out that my Mediapad T3 does not have a Developer's Options Setting so I loaded DJI GO4 onto one of my Nvidia Shield K1 Tablets without the USB annoyance. Hopefully Huawei will offer a Developer Options Setting in a future update as I like how fast the Mediapad T3 starts up and the battery life.

If you juat select charge only you huawei tablet will work fine. It's counterintuitive, but it works. I love the huawei mediapad. Minimal bloatware and plenty of processing power and ram to run go4 really well.

You have to 'activate' or 'turn on' Developer Options.

Go to Settings > About and tap 'Build Number' 7 times rapidly... this works on all Android devices. You'll have to search through developer options and play with all the various USB settings

umanbeam: You da man!!!! Like you stated I now have Developer's Options!! I made the changes and the USB Pop-ups no longer appear. I actually made the changes to both of my Mediapads. I bought my first Mediapad T3 at the start of this year and I bought another at the start of August dedicated for my PP4PV2.0 that I also received at the start of August. If you wrote a How-to book on the Android OS or Android Tips I'd buy it!!! I'd have never learned what you sent me on my own!!!!!
Thank you!!!!!!!

Reactions: WWK888
Like you stated I now have Developer's Options!! I made the changes and the USB Pop-ups no longer appear.

Glad that helped! Those little annoyances become big thorns after a while don't they?

I'd have never learned what you sent me on my own!!!!!

Sure you would have!... and you will, it just takes time and keeping your head in the game LOL

umanbean: Thanks again!!! When I was a younger man things like Operating Systems came easy but now pushing 80 it's a lot harder. That's why tips and short cuts like what you gave me are so greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
jlsrn: what changes did you make in that developer mode ? I have very similar problems with my MediaPad M3 + P4Pv2
If you are using a recent Android version, try disabling the setting for Always Prompt when Connecting to USB
(This is Android 8 but I can't find it on Android 6)
i-5LdKfds-L.jpg

Reactions: wisnia1010
wisnia1010: I used the method stated by Metar4. Both of my Huawei Tablets that I modified are using Android 7.

Thanks guys, i'll definitely check that.
One more dillema... There's no problem with Android 7 and Go4 app ? I saw a lot of comments that Go crashes a lot on devices with A7 (that's why i'm still keeping my Huawei without update to 7)

I've got various tablets. Both my 8" Huaweis MediaPad T3s are using Android 7. One I use for my new P4PV2 with the latest DJI Go4 and FW. I'm keeping both my 8" Nvidia Shield K1s using Android 6 on old not upgraded DJI Go4 for my old P4 and Go for my Inspire1V2. My son flew his Mavic Pro using his phone and Android 9 without problems. I keep trying different setups. APK is my friend!!

jlrsn: Thanks a lot for all usable informations ! I'll update everything and hopely be happy with that :)

Thanks guys, i'll definitely check that.
One more dillema... There's no problem with Android 7 and Go4 app ? I saw a lot of comments that Go crashes a lot on devices with A7 (that's why i'm still keeping my Huawei without update to 7)
Android 8 works well on the M5 so 7 should be ok

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20