P4P+ ?

Can third party software like Litchi be added/installed on the p4p+ monitor?
Thanks!
I think I found the answer:

“I too have the Phantom 4 Pro Plus with the built-in 5.5 inch Crystal Sky monitor the same as you. You can now download the Amazon app store and thru it, purchase through it purchased litchi and download that to your controller. In order for you to use litchi you will have to do as instructed above have a USB to micro-usb cable and connect them on the back of the controller you will have to first disabled the DJI Go app and when you boot up again it will ask you which app to use litchi or DGI it will ask one time or always There were detailed instructions above and they do work I have flown with lichi on mine and am very happy it performs as well on this drone as it does Phantom 3 standard. I hope this helps.”

Any agreement on this?

Did I just see this correctly? Or am I missing something. A post and a quoted answer from the original to the original within 20 min????? Either I am missing something of the OP had an issue of some sort.....?????????

Reactions: oconnb
Did I just see this correctly? Or am I missing something. A post and a quoted answer from the original to the original within 20 min????? Either I am missing something of the OP had an issue of some sort.....?????????
I guess that is pretty interesting

I believe what you're missing is twenty minutes after the OP asked the question, they found the italicized quote posted in their second post. The OP then asked if anyone could confirm the quote.

WallyS was quoting drvrbobob from a thread posted in Apr 18
I've been reading up on this and remember seeing the post.

Link
Litchi can now be installed on the P4P+ and CrystalSky!

I have the P4P+ and want to get Litchi and/or Pix4d installed.
If anyone has a link that shows clear and concisely how to safely do so, without risk, please advise.

WallyS was quoting drvrbobob from a thread posted in Apr 18
I've been reading up on this and remember seeing the post.

Link
Litchi can now be installed on the P4P+ and CrystalSky!

I have the P4P+ and want to get Litchi and/or Pix4d installed.
If anyone has a link that shows clear and concisely how to safely do so, without risk, please advise.

Do a search on here. There's plenty of threads. Hell, I even posted one several months ago.

Thanks Rexster.
Problem is, you can read many threads as I have for on and off for a couple days.
One person says, just do this.... ABC ... and your good to go!
Then you read the next post in that thread and the guy bricks his controller... (okay. lil over exaggeration!)
Next one says, do this... XYZ ....
And you find yourself at a loss because your not comfortable writing code.
I've yet to find a thread that everyone agreed, the process went as planned.

So it really doesn't bother me when someone says, just do a search.
To me, this is the kind of thing you don't want to screw up on.
I don't want to screw up the programming of my controller or drone.
I don't want to load a program that "glitches - blank screen" on occasion, but the guy posting the thread says it's really ok.
I don't want to worry about a flyaway or property damage.
Some things are out of my control but I'll do my best to minimize the risk.

So you search for that one thread that spells it out in simple terms... everyone says "that worked great".... and Thanks you!
Tonight I may have found that thread posted by a guy you may know well!

Link
DJI CrystalSky - Litchi

Thank you

What is frustrating for me is that the advice may work for some but not all. I followed the last mentioned link to the letter, and am still unable to install amazon to download litchi for my new P4P+ monitor and no one seems to be able to help other then recommending doing a search. I have tried DJI as well as Litchi.

What is frustrating for me is that the advice may work for some but not all. I followed the last mentioned link to the letter, and am still unable to install amazon to download litchi for my new P4P+ monitor and no one seems to be able to help other then recommending doing a search. I have tried DJI as well as Litchi.

First things first: Have you enabled USB De-Bugging and Allow Third Party Apps to be installed using the screen on the controller?

Thanks Rexster.
Problem is, you can read many threads as I have for on and off for a couple days.
One person says, just do this.... ABC ... and your good to go!
Then you read the next post in that thread and the guy bricks his controller... (okay. lil over exaggeration!)
Next one says, do this... XYZ ....
And you find yourself at a loss because your not comfortable writing code.
I've yet to find a thread that everyone agreed, the process went as planned.

So it really doesn't bother me when someone says, just do a search.
To me, this is the kind of thing you don't want to screw up on.
I don't want to screw up the programming of my controller or drone.
I don't want to load a program that "glitches - blank screen" on occasion, but the guy posting the thread says it's really ok.
I don't want to worry about a flyaway or property damage.
Some things are out of my control but I'll do my best to minimize the risk.

So you search for that one thread that spells it out in simple terms... everyone says "that worked great".... and Thanks you!
Tonight I may have found that thread posted by a guy you may know well!

Link
DJI CrystalSky - Litchi

Thank you

The only thing being left out is the part about enabling the device to allow third party apps, and enabling USB De-Bugging. I had to do that first when I did mine last year. Just like you have to do on an Android phone to install Amazon apps

I posted this video to get people started but it only works with the Phantom 4 pro Plus not the V2 controller.

LITCHI now on the Phantom 4 Pro Plus CONTROLLER - baby steps shown by Phantomrain.org

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers