P4P your best camera settings for stills?

Reaction score
Would love to hear what settings people are using for shooting in raw with their P4P.
Similar topics have arisen before, however with the P4P being in a lot of people's hands now, for a decent amount of time , I would love to hear what they have found best?
If you're willing to share your settings, please state whether the settings are for stills and/or videos.

I have been using NONE for both still and videos.
I am now looking for something that works better for me with coastal stills.

Cheers.

If you are shooting raw then none of the sharpenong options etc will have any affect - they are for jpeg output. Raw means just that what the sensor sees. Best settings for stills? Shoot in Aperture priority mode, Keep iso as low as possible and if there are no really fast moving objects shoot in aperture priority mode at 4:3 resolution (you can always crop later). Which aperture you use will be up to you, depending on how much depth of field (how much of the picture is in focus) you need. The 'sweet spot' for the lens on mine seems to be between f:5.6 and f:8

shoot in aperture priority mode at 4:3 resolution (you can always crop later).
Perhaps you meant 3:2 which gives you even more picture area to work with.
3:2 Aspect Ratio: 5472 × 3648
4:3 Aspect Ratio: 4864 × 3648
Which aperture you use will be up to you, depending on how much depth of field (how much of the picture is in focus) you need.
Unless your subject is only 2 or 3 metres from the camera, you are going to have everything in focus anyway.
Depth of field is not an issue with this lens.

yes I did mean 3:2 and I'll disagree with you on depth of field - the clarity of this lens makes DOF very apparent in shots with a lot of detail.

It also goes a little 'soft' for my liking as the apertures get wider - maybe I'm judging against my DSLR lenses and I'll agree I'm being fussy :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl