P4P Shipping Thread

Reaction score
Hey Guys!
I know it's still a couple days away but I figured that it's about time to start a shipping/tracking thread.

Let's start talking about what exactly we ordered, when, and notify when it ships?

P4P with Screen and ND filters, Order Time: 2016-11-17 03:34:42 (UTC), order is awaiting shipment. At time of order shipping estimate was 1-2 weeks.

Last edited:
P4P with screen ordered from Newegg on Nov. 15 (after Mavic experience I will never order from DJI Direct again.)

ordered from DJi store 2016-11-16 20:01:48 (UTC) P 4 P + , 3 ND filters, 4 batteries
status is "payment success"

What happened?
Ordered a Mavic on Oct. 7, DJI charged my card, then couldn't tell me when they could actually deliver anything. Even to this day they have barely delivered Mavic orders made through the end of September, while in the meantime people ordering through Newegg have received theirs, and now people are even walking in off the street and buying Mavics at retail in Apple Stores... while DJI still hasn't shipped orders from a month ago! Obviously DJI has been shipping to vendors while people who paid in full a month or more ago are still waiting. In the case of the Mavic at least DJI Direct has proven to be the slowest possible way to get product.

Last edited:
Reactions: ROD PAINTER
Is it correct that DJI charges your credit card immediately, and the other places wait till it ships?

Is it correct that DJI charges your credit card immediately, and the other places wait till it ships?
Yep, DJI charges you in full at time of order regardless of when they can actually ship the product. US vendors (such as Newegg, Amazon, Apple, etc.) of course do not charge until the product actually ships. Add to that the fact that the DJI Direct has demonstrated that they service their own customers after vendors and, well, let's just say that my advice would be to order from Newegg. I know that logic would dictate that an order from DJI Direct would be the fastest way to get product but that has most definitely not been the case with the Mavic, as many disappointed and angry buyers discovered. With the P4P be different? Maybe, but I didn't want to find out.

Last edited:
Reactions: flowrider
Yup, I got charged already. I'm going to be so pissed if I don't get it before thanksgiving.

I paid DJI direct via PayPal and my status on DJI is "payment success" while my paypal account shows the charge as "pending"...I'm assuming that they are not charging till they ship this time because of the Mavic debacle mentioned above...they did send out a note a few weeks ago that said they were reviewing the collect up-front practice because of the complaints...

Yup, I got charged already. I'm going to be so pissed if I don't get it before thanksgiving.
I'm not saying you won't, only that the track record hasn't been good up to this point. I guess we'll see if DJI or Newegg delivers first, or maybe (hopefully) both at the same time this go-around.

only that the track record hasn't been good up to this point
I guess you're referring to the Mavic? The P4 shipped on time.

I paid DJI direct via PayPal and my status on DJI is "payment success" while my paypal account shows the charge as "pending"...I'm assuming that they are not charging till they ship this time because of the Mavic debacle mentioned above...they did send out a note a few weeks ago that said they were reviewing the collect up-front practice because of the complaints...
They are charging, credit cards at least. I'm not sure why not PayPal but maybe PayPal has terms and conditions that prevent such shenanigans. If so then that is certainly the way to go.

I paid with PayPal Credit and it's showing as a pending charge

I guess you're referring to the Mavic? The P4 shipped on time.
Yes, the Mavic, which has been nothing short of a debacle that they still haven't climbed out of. But hopefully something was learned and it won't repeat.

The dji.com store says shipping 2 weeks after payment, however Amazon say release 15 January... I wonder which date will be most accurate - my bet is the Amazon date is more likely

As I just sold BOTH my P3P's one week prior to the announcement of the P4P I'm feeling very naked (even though I have other GoPro equipped birds) ... I really need to believe the 1-2 week time frame PLEASE!

Ordered P4P with two extra batteries, ND 16 filter from DJI direct on 2016-11-15 22:06:58 (UTC)

Last edited:
2016-11-17 5:09:01 (UTC) P4P with display. Got tired of waiting for the Best Buy Mavic so it's fortunate the P4P came out! Hopefully it ships next week!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.