P4p+ SD card speed

Have a sandisk u3 in mine, works fine with 4K, but make sure you format in bird first before using. I don't think the class 10 normal cards are up to the job, there are probably other postings on the forums on this with more detail.

Have a sandisk u3 in mine, works fine with 4K, but make sure you format in bird first before using. I don't think the class 10 normal cards are up to the job, there are probably other postings on the forums on this with more detail.
It seems the OP is after the fastest card available, the SanDisk Extreme PRO 32Gb UHS-II U3 is probably a good candidate at 280MBb/s.

I was just wanting to make sure if I got a UHS-U3 that it can actually write at that speed. No point getting 280MB/s if it writes at 150MB/s

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I was just wanting to make sure if I got a UHS-U3 that it can actually write at that speed. No point getting 280MB/s if it writes at 150MB/s

Well then your question perhaps should have been what is the highest bitrate a phantom 4 pro is capable of- the answer is 100MB/s (just shy of 13 megabytes a second). Allow about 20% additional speed for overhead. You will quickly see you have cheaper options as to what cards are suitable.

Last edited:
Here are the officially supported cards per DJI for the P4P. The card needs to support a MINIMUM of 15MB/s write speed.

Sandisk Extreme 32GB UHS-S V30 MicroSDHC

Sandisk Extreme 64GB UHS-S V30 MicroSDXC

Panasonic 32GB UHS-3 MicroSDHC

Panasonic 64GB UHS-3 MicroSDXC

Samsung Pro 32GB UHS-1 MicroSDHC

Samsung Pro 64GB UHS-1 MicroSDXC

Samsung Pro 128GB UHS-1 MicroSDXC

Well then your question perhaps should have been what is the highest bitrate a phantom 4 is capable of- the answer is 60MB/s (just shy of 8 megabytes a second). You will quickly see you have cheaper options as to what cards are suitable.
He actually got the P4Pro so 100Mb/s which equates to 12.5MB/s.

He actually got the P4Pro so 100Mb/s which equates to 12.5MB/s.
Yes, I had edited my post before I saw this. You end up at 15MB/s after you allow 20% for overhead (which seems to be DJI's recommendation. A lot of choice at the cheaper end of the price range at this speed, particularly if you by lower capacity cards. 16gig are practical, you don't want many hours of footage or thousands of images liost if you loose your AC or have a card failure.

Reactions: F3honda4me
So you wanted the slowest you could get away with rather than fastest that will work.... cool

Be careful of counterfeits with the sandisk.

If it seems ridiculously cheap proceed with caution.

Thanks for all your help!
So this card
SanDisk Click to open expanded view Extreme PLUS Micro SDXC UHS-1 Card, Black, with Adapter (SDSQXWG-128G-GN6MAMA) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DYN56OY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_O8gEybF52ZPK2

Will work just fine.

And the new sandisk

128GB Extreme Pro UHS-II micro https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DWKK80G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_g.gEybBH6A62G

Is more a waste as the p4p would not utilize the speed of the card?

Anything over 15 MBps write speed the P4P won't use. So 90 MBps write speed is dramatic overkill. Sandisk Extreme is all you actually need.

This card would be fine.
https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Extr...4322182&sr=8-1&keywords=sandisk+extreme+128gb

Me personally I use the 32gb sandisk extremes. I can fit two full flights of video on them.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4