P4P recording to SD Cards

Reaction score
I have a P4P+ and have been using it for work for almost 6 months without any problems but today on a job site I had a strange situation with two SD Cards which I have been using without problems also. I was taking pictures and I noticed the SD card capacity section was flashing red like it was full. I figured I must have left the last job on it or something so I put another card in the AC which I knew was empty but after taking 20 or so pics and a few short videos the capacity was flashing red again like it was full. When I got back to the office I checked and the first card only had 10GB (32 capacity) on it and the second card only had 5GB (32 capacity)? Any one run into this or have an idea why both cards would stop recording and at different levels of use?

I have a P4P+ and have been using it for work for almost 6 months without any problems but today on a job site I had a strange situation with two SD Cards which I have been using without problems also. I was taking pictures and I noticed the SD card capacity section was flashing red like it was full. I figured I must have left the last job on it or something so I put another card in the AC which I knew was empty but after taking 20 or so pics and a few short videos the capacity was flashing red again like it was full. When I got back to the office I checked and the first card only had 10GB (32 capacity) on it and the second card only had 5GB (32 capacity)? Any one run into this or have an idea why both cards would stop recording and at different levels of use?
If it were just one card, I would first say the card is bad and just use another. Since you have the same issue on both cards it must be something common to both.
How have you been formatting the cards all this time? In your computer, in the AC with the app, not at all?
Just asking because one cause could be residual artifacts that can limit the available space on the card.

I always format the cards in the AC after I move files from it to my computer. Very strange! When I put the card in my computer I right clicked on it to check the properties and it showed plenty of free space.

I was incorrect on the capacity of each card. The first card was 64GB and the AC recorded 10GB before telling me it was full. The second card was a 32GB capacity and it stopped recording at 5GB so there has to be some correlation in what happened to allow 10 on the 64 and 5 on the 32?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik