P4P RC Power Issues

Reaction score
I have a GL300F RC that has the problem where the battery doesn't charge fully according to the readout in GO4 and gets depleted very fast. I flew 3 batteries on the P4P, roughly 45 minutes of flying time and the RC was reading 19% battery. When the RC would only charge to 3 lights I tried the reflow procedure and that got me to 4 charging lights on the RC but only 86% on the GO4 readout. From what I've read, the problem is a regulator chip on the RC board. I don't want to buy another GL300F and experience the same problem. Anyone know if the GL300C Ver.B has this problem?

My two cents, The 300C will not work on your P4P. Only 300F or E. I think you’re gonna have to spend $58 on a new battery for your remote. Maybe somebody else has a better idea. Good luck

Like Capt says - E or F version for the P4P. I haven’t had to deal with this yet. My guess is that if you got a change from 3 to 4 lights after a board “reflow”, your battery is going bad. At full charge, 86% may be correct. If you know someone with a charger that will cycle and analyze lipo’s, you should be able to test it. Otherwise, I’d call DJI (or shop online) for an OEM replacement batt.

Last night i ran down the RC battery in the controller to 39%, this morning when I turned it on it was at 66%, I then took apart the controller and measured the battery with a meter and it read 8.04 volts. So it is obviously not the battery, but this chip on the board, that so many are complaining about. I just don't want to buy another controller and wind up with the same problem.

My 2 cents. Shouldn't you check the battery under load? Turning on the remote making a draw on the battery. Then check for a voltage drop. That's the only way I know how to test a battery, is under load, like a car. Big drop equals bad. IMO not sure about lipos, should be the same. Just trying to help. Good luck

And if you check it under load, would be good to have your tablet attached. Less than 5 hrs with a charged tablet?, I don't know of anything, but the battery. I'm always willing to learn though. Again good luck

Again.. right there with Capt. Had experience with more than one lipo (fortunately, no DJI stuff so far) that would “fully” charge according to the charger, but under load would drain quickly or die almost instantly.

Reactions: Capt KO
I hope all goes well. Give us a heads up when you're done with repairs. At least you're remotes already open. Take care ?

Not in my case or many others. I got tired of messing with it and sent it back to DJI. They said it was a battery issue and sent me a new controller for $90. It was way out of warranty, so for me it was a good deal.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4