P4P - Raw Photos & Adobe Camera Raw Questions

Reaction score
I saw a earlier post about RAW photos on the P4P not showing in Camera RAW as they do when your looking at on screen. Was there ever a solution for this?

Also, I saw on the new Adobe Camera Raw 9.9, they updated it with the Mavic lens profile. Do they still not have one yet for the P4P?

If it's any help I've been editing P4P raws for the last few months in Windows 10. The have always showed up quickly as thumbnails in the native Windows 10 File Explorer and also in Adobe Bridge and Adobe Capture Raw. I'm not sure if that's because of some codec that installed with Adobe CC, or if that's a native Win10 capability.

P4P raw files have a built in profile, it's part of the files themselves. You don't have to use any additional profile, or install anything. The only thing you might want to do is turn on "Remove Chromatic Aberration" in the Lens Correction panel over on the right side of the Lightroom or ACR screen. P4P raw files are remarkably clean looking, for instance they have none of the heavy magenta/green fringing around contrasty edges that you often see in X5S raw files.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31