P4P props on P3P

No.

Reactions: Yard Limit
I'd rather have the locking design of the P4 props. It seems much more secure than a prop that screws on.

I respect your opinion. And I agree that, when properly executed, a locking design could be considered more secure than a thread-on design. Call me superstitious, but a 60° turn-to-lock design really doesn't inspire me with the same kind of confidence as a 4.5 turn thread-on design does when my flying camera is 300+ feet up and x-feet down range. It may be fair to say that both designs have their advantages and disadvantages. As I understand it, the Obsidian P4 props have a more secure locking fit to them than the standard whites do. Hopefully, DJI will build that improvement into the standard whites sometime in the near future.

Reactions: pivotpoint
I respect your opinion. And I agree that, when properly executed, a locking design could be considered more secure than a thread-on design. Call me superstitious, but a 60° turn-to-lock design really doesn't inspire me with the same kind of confidence as a 4.5 turn thread-on design does when my flying camera is 300+ feet up and x-feet down range. It may be fair to say that both designs have their advantages and disadvantages. As I understand it, the Obsidian P4 props have a more secure locking fit to them than the standard whites do. Hopefully, DJI will build that improvement into the standard whites sometime in the near future.

4.5 turns means absolutely nothing when only .01 of a turn is the thing actually securing the props, and even less because the plastic threads are fragile and have most definitely failed from use in the past.

I agree that, when properly executed, a locking design could be considered more secure than a thread-on design
It's hard not to execute it properly since the props would fly off on startup if not locked into place.

If you take a look through this forum, you'll see many cases of lost props on Phantom 3s. Props rarely fly off Phantom 4s. The most recent case here was due to the pilot mistakenly using 3rd party props (which broke mid-flight).

If you take a look through this forum, you'll see many cases of lost props on Phantom 3s. Props rarely fly off Phantom 4s. The most recent case here was due to the pilot mistakenly using 3rd party props (which broke mid-flight).

Understood. Like I said, call me superstitious.

As I understand it, the Obsidian P4 props have a more secure locking fit to them than the standard whites do.

If you're talking about that guy that had two quads replaced by DJI -even though he was using aftermarket props! - I would think the looseness that he observed on the white ones was due to the fact that they were aftermarket props?... and obviously the obsidian ones were OEM.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik