P4P Loss of GPS poll.

Have you ever lost gps during flight (p4p exclusively)

• Never

Votes: 35 67.3%
  • Lost gps once

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Lost gps several times

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Happens regulary

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters
Reaction score
This has now been reported several times, so let's see how frequent this is.
(cast your vote on top of thread)

Never -- so far! Of course, now that I've 'voted', we all know what will happen. And as the recent election has demonstrated, we all know how accurate polls are [emoji57][emoji848][emoji13].

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

So, I think we can assume the results are not statistically valid (with 50% having problems); still there certainly are some issues with gps. I hope this can be corrected by a firmware update.

So, I think we can assume the results are not statistically valid (with 50% having problems); still there certainly are some issues with gps. I hope this can be corrected by a firmware update.
Sure didn't get a lot of turnout on this pole did we? LOL. But yes hopefully we get a good update here very soon for several little issues. But this GPS deal is no little issue for those having it happen!

Reactions: Tomas Wangen
Hi, I'm new here. Done about 40 flights with the P4P in some really challenging places. Suddenly yesterday it stopped holding location and blew away very quickly in a moderate wind yesterday, disappearing swiftly out of sight over buildings. Gave me a heck of a fright. Resorted to RTH and had a nerve wracking wait before it reappeared. Not very happy. Similar effect to switching from P to Atti in a strong wind. Logs show GPS and 17-18 satellites throughout. More info here if you're interested: Phantom 4 PRO blew away suddenly & quickly. Feel lucky to have it

Hi, I'm new here. Done about 40 flights with the P4P in some really challenging places. Suddenly yesterday it stopped holding location and blew away very quickly in a moderate wind yesterday, disappearing swiftly out of sight over buildings. Gave me a heck of a fright. Resorted to RTH and had a nerve wracking wait before it reappeared. Not very happy. Similar effect to switching from P to Atti in a strong wind. Logs show GPS and 17-18 satellites throughout. More info here if you're interested: Phantom 4 PRO blew away suddenly & quickly. Feel lucky to have it
Dang man! What a scare! Worst feeling in the world for sure. Only had that happen with me flying a Blade Chroma a year ago. Like you lucky to get it back. And it started when I was only out about 400ft. Wind blew it quick.Glad you saved it for sure. Really weird that data indicates that it had solid GPS but is loose. But then gets back by RTH? Wow!

Hi rob can you get the dat file for that flight and upload to a Dropbox.com link? We could tell you more about what the craft was seeing. How to retrieve a .DAT

Hi rob can you get the dat file for that flight and upload to a Dropbox.com link? We could tell you more about what the craft was seeing. How to retrieve a .DAT
Hi there. Sure, here's a link: Dropbox - FLY083.DAT
The sudden drift away was around 7.48. Inputs after that consisted of trying to fly it higher as there was a close roof line it was disappearing over, and then right stick work to try to (unsuccessfully) ascertain it's direction before it vanished from sight. RTH altitude was still set to 80m from some tall rainforest flying prior. Only thing unusual in this flight was that I tried a catch and immediately re-launch by hand about 2/3 way through. There was a moderately strong southerly wind blowing. Be interested to see what you find. BTW, what's the difference between the DAT and TXT files? Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20