P4P Losing altitude during Smart RTH

Reaction score
Last Thursday afternoon I took my new P4PRO for a spin to get acquainted with all of its features and test a few new things I do not have in my P4.

Among other things I was testing RTH (Smart RTH & Fail Safe RTH). During Smart RTH I noticed something that I have never seen before. When I initiated Smart RTH, I was flying at an altitude of about 181FT, I noticed in the controller it was losing about 1FT every 30 seconds at the same time the P4P was traveling back to the home point. So I immediately cancelled RTH procedure, manually landed the aircraft, powered down everything (Aircraft, RC, close and re-started DJI GO App4). Power everything back up, performed compass calibration ( not that it matters in this case ) and flew the aircraft a few hundred feet, probably 1,400 ft away, 190ft altitude and maintained that same altitude for about 2 minutes. I initiated Smart RTH, kept an eye in the RC and noticed same behavior. The P4PRO started to travel back to the home but dropping about 1ft every 30 seconds.

For the records I am not running the latest fw when these tests were conducted, I was running fw V 01.01.0201.

Here is a link to healthy drones with one of flights but can't see what could be wrong. I am also attaching the a flight record: HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

P.S. Last night I had a bit of time and upgraded to the latest fw. Weather permitting I am going to go back out to test and report back.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2017-02-01_[16-42-45].txt
    1.4 MB · Views: 214
Dropping 1 foot every 30 seconds is not an issue. That height is based on barometer and that drop you are describing is well within margin of error.

I had a P3A & P3P, still have a P4 and never saw that. I also have a Mavic and don't see that. Not that I am being picky.

Even if it was physically dropping 1 foot every 30 seconds due to barometric drift, the app should show pretty much level altitude based on maintaining constant barometric reading.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj