P4P Insurance

Reaction score
P4P came in last night and couldn't be more excited, I am trying to see what options there are for idiot insurance. DJI Care sounds great, but DJI customer service sucks a$$. Does anyone know of good alternative? I will get DJI Care as last resort if I cannot find an alternative... I basically have 24 hours left to get DJI Care.

P4P came in last night and couldn't be more excited, I am trying to see what options there are for idiot insurance. DJI Care sounds great, but DJI customer service sucks a$$. Does anyone know of good alternative? I will get DJI Care as last resort if I cannot find an alternative... I basically have 24 hours left to get DJI Care.
check your homeowners, many sell riders for around 60 bucks a year. statev farm is one i know of, it will also pay if it gets lost and you cant recover it

check your homeowners, many sell riders for around 60 bucks a year. statev farm is one i know of, it will also pay if it gets lost and you cant recover it
I'm with Liberty Mutual in Virginia will have to call them tomorrow.

Yup. I'm with State Farm too just for the P4P.

Last edited:
You I don't have any other coverage with them whatsoever. The policy is a personal articles policy that's costs me $65 for the drone. Yearly and covers everything that's it commercial use.

I signed up with Neary Aerial. Grabbed the Gold plan for the P4P+. The owner, Matt was very responsive to my emails, and he seems pretty committed to getting repairs out quickly. I also like the fact that he covers normal wear and tear maintenance with the plans.

Neary Aerial - Drone and UAV Extended Warranty

I signed up with Neary Aerial. Grabbed the Gold plan for the P4P+. The owner, Matt was very responsive to my emails, and he seems pretty committed to getting repairs out quickly. I also like the fact that he covers normal wear and tear maintenance with the plans.

Neary Aerial - Drone and UAV Extended Warranty
Does Neary Aerial cover a drone that is not recovered? Say in a canal? (I lost a P4 last week) Don't want to suffer the same mistake with insufficient or lack of insurance.

Does Neary Aerial cover a drone that is not recovered? Say in a canal? (I lost a P4 last week) Don't want to suffer the same mistake with insufficient or lack of insurance.

As far as I know, that's pretty much the only thing they don't cover. If you crash it by accident, sink it to the bottom of the ocean, or have a fly-away... you must recover the drone (or its remnants) in order to file a claim. I might have to look into adding on lost/stolen coverage for the drone as well. However, I think I'd put quite a bit of sweat and effort into recovering the bird if it didn't put me in much risk of injury.

I got a State Farm policy and it covers it for accidental damage, lost or theft. No deductible. Priced in the mid 60s. I have other items covered as well so it brought my rate up higher. I know DJI has bad service, should I get DJI Care to cover repairs? I have till this evening to do so.

I got a State Farm policy and it covers it for accidental damage, lost or theft. No deductible. Priced in the mid 60s. I have other items covered as well so it brought my rate up higher. I know DJI has bad service, should I get DJI Care to cover repairs? I have till this evening to do so.

I'd opt for Neary for accidental and wear and tear coverage. DJI Service seems slow, overwhelmed, and quick to deny claims if there's any questions of pilot error. If you're gonna spend that kind of money on the DJI Care, might as well get something that covers your butt for accidents.

(From Post #8)

Gd point. At least with Neary i dont have to get it tonight... just have to show a flight log. Shame with DJI they make a good product but lack customer service. I am waiting for the Karma to get released, I think I will get that one vs the mavic just because of the service issue. I returned my replacement P4 and contacted them within 2 days of purchase of the service agreement and they have still not responded to my credit/cancel request. It has been 5 days, 4 emails later. I finally disputed the transaction with Paypal.

Reactions: smokinsound
I think what a lot of people are not taking into consideration is LIABILITY. You crash into someone and injure them or worse you will be sued. If you own a lot of stuff you could lose it all. Make sure you check your exposure on liability. Losing a $1500 drone is nothing compared to someone suing you!

I'd opt for Neary for accidental and wear and tear coverage. DJI Service seems slow, overwhelmed, and quick to deny claims if there's any questions of pilot error. If you're gonna spend that kind of money on the DJI Care, might as well get something that covers your butt for accidents.

(From Post #8)
Not to mention DJI Care is now Refresh. They will send you a refurb

I think what a lot of people are not taking into consideration is LIABILITY. You crash into someone and injure them or worse you will be sued. If you own a lot of stuff you could lose it all. Make sure you check your exposure on liability. Losing a $1500 drone is nothing compared to someone suing you!

Yeah I hear you. I have an Umbrella policy.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER

I look at protecting the drone and protecting my assets differently. A "service plan or contract" stipulates (to me) keeping a device or unit in working order if damaged prematurely. As with any business or hobby with elevated risk, people need to look at insuring that risk appropriately. My service plan covers my drone to keep my cost of operation down over the long run, and my insurance covers my liability if I damage property or cause injury. Any serious hobbyist, prosumer, or professional should have insurance that covers gear, property, and injury. You're right @bkushner many people overlook liability insurance.

As do I...
@bkushner I got the State Farm Personal Articles protection to cover my camera equipment and the P4P. The policy covers per their website "We'll pay the cost to repair or replace your property, without deduction for depreciation. The personal articles policy insures against theft and accidental direct physical damage to covered property with only a few limitations and exclusions." Hope I never have to use it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20