P4P going haywire (magnetic interference?)

Reaction score
I tried flying my newly bought P4P yesterday, and the drone kept flying out of control. If I fly it up, it’d drift around significantly. When I tried to land it, it was completely out of control and fly all over the grass and pavement, hitting everything and stopped only when its battery fell out from a collision with the wall.

I tried to do an IMU calibration, but to no avail. I tried restarting both the drone and the controller, again no help. I thing I did notice though was that half the time, the drone would report “magnetic interference” despite the fact that I was on a relatively open grassy field.

Is this particular drone broken? Or is there some software fix I can try?

The same thing happened to me about two weeks ago and I returned to the same location last night and the same thing happen "magnetic interference ', " compass error ' , yaw error", speed error"....and the copter went into atti mode and started flying in a different direction but I was able to control ( no crash for me ) but there is a huge metal sundial close by which I'm guessing was the cause of it ,I went to a different spot a a few minutes later and it flew flawlessly..
Here's the log
Phantom Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20