P4P+ controller storage location

Reaction score
I have Phantom 4 Pro+ The off line maps were not being downloaded. In one of the DJI form suggested downgrading the firmware of the controller. During installation of the downgraded firmware 01.02.01 the controller screen went blank. Now does not boot up and shows a blank screen after restart. The controller also not connect with the drone. Any one had similar experience.

Just curious. Do you have an HDMI port on the back where an Ipad might work for a screen? Maybe delete the upgrade file from your SD card. Re-download and reboot with the new file. Making sure you have the correct file. Phantom 4 Pro Pro+ Remote Controller Firmware 01.04.03.00

Reactions: OzoneTech
Dear Kyle. Thank you for your assistance. I was able to recover the controller and load the remote controller firmware 01.04.03.00 The controller works fine now. Appreciate your help.
I still not able to download the offline maps. My map box is blank. I have the off line map icon on my home screen but nothing happens when I click it.

Attachments

• IMG_20210305_193835.jpg
    IMG_20210305_193835.jpg
    928.4 KB · Views: 133
Did you pull down your screen (finger from top) and turn on internet connection? Also turn on 'cache maps' in gen settings. All I can think of.

Is your wifi config signed into your home wifi. It might have lost the wifi connection with all of the changes

Did you pull down your screen (finger from top) and turn on internet connection? Also turn on 'cache maps' in gen settings. All I can think of.
I did have the internet connection. In the general setting I do not have cache maps option. I have is Cache locally when recording. This is switched ON.

Attachments

• IMG_20210305_193921.jpg
    IMG_20210305_193921.jpg
    789.1 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_20210308_111306.jpg
    IMG_20210308_111306.jpg
    873.3 KB · Views: 117
Reactions: Capt KO
Dear Kyle. Thank you for your assistance. I was able to recover the controller and load the remote controller firmware 01.04.03.00 The controller works fine now. Appreciate your help.
I still not able to download the offline maps. My map box is blank. I have the off line map icon on my home screen but nothing happens when I click it.

How did you recover the controller?

How did you recover the controller?
1. The controller I have is P4P+ (built in screen)
2. Connect the HDMI port to an external monitor.
3. Plug in an external mouse to USB port of the controller.
4. This will duplicate the blank screen on the external monitor which you can navigate using the mouse.
5. Delete the upgrade file from your SD card.
6. Re-download and reboot with the new file.
7. Making sure you have the correct file.
8. Phantom 4 Pro Pro+ Remote Controller Firmware 01.04.03.00
9. You should also be connected to wifi.

Hope the above helps. Good luck.

1. The controller I have is P4P+ (built in screen)
2. Connect the HDMI port to an external monitor.
3. Plug in an external mouse to USB port of the controller.
4. This will duplicate the blank screen on the external monitor which you can navigate using the mouse.
5. Delete the upgrade file from your SD card.
6. Re-download and reboot with the new file.
7. Making sure you have the correct file.
8. Phantom 4 Pro Pro+ Remote Controller Firmware 01.04.03.00
9. You should also be connected to wifi.

Hope the above helps. Good luck.

Why not just take the card out, put it in a card reader and copy the new file to the card? Then put the card back into the controller?

I ask, because I have a plus as well and am unable to update to the 01.04.03.00 firmware

Why not just take the card out, put it in a card reader and copy the new file to the card? Then put the card back into the controller?

I ask, because I have a plus as well and am unable to update to the 01.04.03.00 firmware
My plus screen went blank and was not functional. If your screen works, you can do it that way by first uninstalling/ the earlier version and then loading the new version.

My plus screen went blank and was not functional. If your screen works, you can do it that way by first uninstalling/ the earlier version and then loading the new version.

How do you uninstall? I have 01.03.06.00 currently installed. I tried downloading the file for 01.04.03.00 onto a card and putting into the controller. After trying to install, I still wind up with 01.03.06.00. Not sure how to move forward.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31