P4P Controller Failure

Reaction score
Dear All - My Controller failed a week ago when I was performing a pre-flight checklist. In the middle of my check-list, a DJI promotional video appeared, and I am now locked out of the controller. I have been in touch with DJI. Seems like they couldn't believe it. They asked for a video to show what is happening - and no more response. When I turn the controller on, the promo video comes on, with 2 selection boxes at the bottom, to Sign up or Sign in. When I select either one, the response message says it cannot find the network, and to check the connection. Problem is, I have no options available to me to do anything. The last advice from DJI was to let the battery run down. That's not easy either, because it shuts down after a few minutes of inactivity. This will probably take 1-2 weeks! I have tried the proscribed Hard Restart procedure, with no effect at all. The procedure I have is to hold the 2 buttons on the bottom of the controller + Shutter button all three at the same time. But, no joy with this procedure. Any thought will be appreciated.

Dear All - My Controller failed a week ago when I was performing a pre-flight checklist. In the middle of my check-list, a DJI promotional video appeared, and I am now locked out of the controller. I have been in touch with DJI. Seems like they couldn't believe it. They asked for a video to show what is happening - and no more response. When I turn the controller on, the promo video comes on, with 2 selection boxes at the bottom, to Sign up or Sign in. When I select either one, the response message says it cannot find the network, and to check the connection. Problem is, I have no options available to me to do anything. The last advice from DJI was to let the battery run down. That's not easy either, because it shuts down after a few minutes of inactivity. This will probably take 1-2 weeks! I have tried the proscribed Hard Restart procedure, with no effect at all. The procedure I have is to hold the 2 buttons on the bottom of the controller + Shutter button all three at the same time. But, no joy with this procedure. Any thought will be appreciated.
What do you see when you swipe down from the top of the screen?

Reactions: JoBe
If so I would load up the firmware onto your microSD card and put it in the port and reflash it. I have never actually heard of this happening so far I have the p4p plus and every time I do firmware and stuff everything comes out fine.

Another thing that crossed my mind is to do a reset completely on the controller hopefully if you can access the menus

What do you see when you swipe down from the top of the screen?
what does this do? does it work with any phone or tablet or only the + remote?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj