P4P - confusing SD card feature ??

Reaction score
One of my friend got a P4P last week with the inbuilt screen.
He had a 64GB card in it.
He just got back from a wedding, and I can see almost last 30% of files are missing.

I can see card is full in my PC.

But when I take the same card to the P4P, it starts recording again, but there is a faded phone image , WHICH MEANS P4P is recording in 720p smushed files to the inbuilt memory in p4p, I guess.

Never knew the p4p advanced comes with inbuilt memory too, but sad its 720p files, which cannot be used.

So, the question is, how come the P4p did not clearly tell to the operator in screen that SD card is full ??

So, the question is, how come the P4p did not clearly tell to the operator in screen that SD card is full ??
Maybe it did?
Up toward the top right corner there would be an indication of the remaining capacity of the card.
i-mkhpmCg-L.png

Nope, nothing.
It simply did not popup anything or tell that card is full.

nothing.
my friend did not even know, when it finished and when it started recording to his inbuilt.

in the drone only.
I can see 200 files in card fine.
But from 201st, its not in card but in controller

short short 10-12 seconds video files.

I meant to say, upto 64GB filled with video files and then P4P did not alert anything like SD card full.

short short 10-12 seconds video files.

I meant to say, upto 64GB filled with video files and then P4P did not alert anything like SD card full.
The sdcard icon thingy on the top of the screen will turn red.

It is a good practice to regularly check that capturing is ok if footage is meant to be used. The play button is useful here.

At the same time, 200 clips on a single card makes absolutely no sense so that may very well be a hard limit.

The GO4 app does display in the upper right area of the screen how much recording time you have remaining on the SD card. You should look again and be aware of this as you fly. You should also start new flights with an empty card to mitigate problems like you experienced. But yourself 4 SD cards, 64GB.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic