P4P carry options...

Reaction score
Pending my PFCO flight test in around a weeks time, I sold my P3A and purchased the P4P. What a brilliant bit of kit it is! I'm very impressed and the difference between the two are worlds apart.

I think that the P4P carry case it comes in is fantastic, so much so I'm tempted to not buy a backpack at all and just get the DJI carry wrap for those odd occasions I have to walk some distance with the drone.

I am however soon stepping into the world of commercial operations, and as such, I'd like a professional hard case to store by beloved P4P. Not only for the element of protection, but it gives off a professional image from the start.

What do you other commercial operators carry to and from jobs? I've had a look at the Peli stuff however it appears the actual foam inserts are only really available in the US.

Thanks guys :)

I had a P4P+ and housed it in a GPC case which was excellent. (Non wheeled version)
For $199, I think it is a great value.
z10.JPG z9.jpg

Reactions: Razorback1
Last edited:
Reactions: Bill Humphreys
This a wheeled case so might not be what you're looking for if you are set on a backpack but, check out the Nanuk line of cases on Amazon. Pricey but, I think excellent protection for all your drone accessories as well. No need to remove the props to store it.
Amazon.com: Nanuk 950

+1 for the wheeled GPC case. If you are a pro then you'll be wanting to carry a lot more batteries than the recreational pilot. Plus a bank charger, a car charger or car inverter, a decent range extender kit, a couple sets of spare props, a nav strobe, spare tablet and a few spare sub cables and mSD cards with adapters.
That quickly amounts to a lot to carry, and I can tell you I went through quite a few foam boxes, cheap backpacks with flimsy straps, etc. before I settled on the Go Professional cases for everything from Mavic to Inspire.
I bought mostly used cases when we were starting out, to save money but also cause it just looked cooler. Now we just buy whatever is cheapest that's readily available, pack it, forget it, done deal.

Being a bit forgetful and worried that I might forget to tighten something or cause stress and strain on props and prop guards when you are continually taking them off for transport I wanted something that I could use locally to move my drone around without dismantling it every time I went out. I have a back pack for the times that I travel far and wide which is not very often. After a lot of searching I found this case:-
5c3991cdf22877301737020020fa9baf.jpg
34440c9caf9daad6b3e926402e0ea4cd.jpg

If you ship a lot, then heavy big cases may be a great thing. But I got tired of 20 lb cases with 10 lbs of gear in them. I lik elightweight, compact cases, that are easy to carry and have enough room inside for the things I need to take.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31