P4P acting up during night flight

Reaction score
Anyone else notice their P4P acting up during night flight? I'm convinced it has something to do with the VPS sensors or maybe the OA sensors. I was filming the sunset at La Jolla beach in San Diego. Everything perfect, my p4p flew flawlessly until it dark enough that I got a notification saying OA not working due to low light, so I turned off the OA sensors, while hovering 10-15 feet off the ground the drone would glitch back in flight a foot, then stop. I have experienced this once before with a different P4P in a different location. The thing both had in common was it was dark out. I plan to do more testing but wanted to hear opinions from you experts.

FWIW, I have a P4 that behaves exactly the same once the sun has set. Landing on a featureless concrete slab in the dark with VPS on is humorous at first and then a bit hairy. I hand catch it when I bring it back and understand what the OA will be doing in low light and just turn it off.

It's probably best to turn off all OA and VPS as well for night flying. None of that works properly in darkness anyway, so just turn it all off and the bird should behave properly.

I concur with shockwave199, in that you should turn off all those sensors for night flight. They're not going to be able to see what they need to avoid, and are likely going to cause more trouble than they're worth. Give that a shot and let us know!

Reactions: KingDad1985
I concur with shockwave199, in that you should turn off all those sensors for night flight. They're not going to be able to see what they need to avoid, and are likely going to cause more trouble than they're worth. Give that a shot and let us know!
Right. Seems so obvious now. ;)

Reactions: UAVNorth.ca

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan