P4A Camera Goes Limp in Sport/Atti Mode

Reaction score
Just got my P4A back from DJI repair. Had it in for the gimble going limp intermittently during flight. It started in sport mode, then progressed to all flight modes, including tripod mode. Upon receipt, it still goes limp intermittently in sport mode. It occurred when I was recording 1080/120 fps while flying at top speed in sport mode. Demanding too much of this bird? Anyone else experiencing this? What do I do next? Should I use my last DJI Care Refresh and sell it as new so I can buy an Autel? Previous malfunction was the battery connection meltdown, dropping my bird from 160'. I posted my findings here on the forum on why that happens, but it was deleted. Hats off to those with a P3P. Good choice!

DJI will accept it back on warranty. However, over the weekend I ran about 6 battery loads through for testing. I found that I could only get the gimble to go limp intermittently when the Ultimax Variable Lens Filter was installed and the AC was moving faster that 35 mph. This filter is a bit heavier and protrudes further off the face of the camera than the stock lens cover. The other lenses included are of similar size and weight of the stock lens cover and I couldn't reproduce to problem using those. I'm trying to find out if this is an expected failure or if DJI thinks the gimble should handle it and it still needs to be sent in for repair. I've notified them of this and they're gonna email me about it. I'm not sure if it's a balance or aerodynamic issue or both. But the gimble doesn't like that filter.
In the meantime, I'll order up some nonvariable filters.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31